So I bought this FA bolt, have questions

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought this complete bolt from Numrich for a spare.

Is it a Group Industries bolt?

It has a serial number very close to and in the same location as the Group Industries bolt on page 168 of RoverDave's book.

I'm very suspicious of the extractor; it looks identical to the SARCO chinese copy that is too long. I'm going to measure it but it's not looking good. and if it is a bogus extractor I'll probably send it back.

BoltSmall1.JPGBoltSmall2.JPGBoltSmall3.JPGBoltSmall4.JPG

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, it appears to be a Group bolt from the stamped G and also the breach face which is clearanced for the restrictor ring. You probably heard some Group bolts were warped and don't run right. If it isn't one of those bolts though, they typically work fine.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Great.
What do you think about the extractor?

I just measured one of the SARCO extractors that the consensus is are poorly made chinese copies. The SARCO extractor measures 2.124" when removed from the bolt. It has no markings and is bent rather crudely and inconsistently and shows evidence of grinding or machining.

However, comparing the arch of these two extractors shows the SARCO extractors have a more pronounced arch and when jammed into the channel is going to straighten a bit and be a bit longer that 2.124 once installed.

The extractor from the GI bolt from Numrich is 2.110" when removed from the bolt. Compared to a another complete bolt I have the extractor appears to be a bit long when in the bolt. There is no "arrow" on the GI bolt and the extractor slot is vertical. The arch is consistent and there are no grinding / machining marks.

The other complete bolt came from Apex or RTG years ago, and the extractor in that bolt measures 2.082". That bolt has an arrow and the extractor slot is parallel to the arrow, or horizontal. I'm pretty sure all is legit with this bolt.

I bought the Numrich GI bolt as a spare because it was complete with extractor which are nowhere to be found.

Does anyone have a strong suspicion that this extractor is not in spec?

Galil#1

Also Scott... is the extractor blued or parkerized? Perhaps one indicates it's chicom made vs. original IMI? Someone with much more knowledge can answer your question Sir.

tomk

See thread about 10 posts down the board on extractors. Looks like the wrong one just based on the orientation of the slot on the rear of the extractor.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter