Sterling Barrels ?

geeko9mm

R_R
"We can do specials like a 1" extended barrel, shouldered and threaded for an extra $50, "
Can you do the MKIV SMG barrell with the 1" entension threaded with 1/2x28TPI?

Ranger_Ric

geeko9mm said:
R_R
"We can do specials like a 1" extended barrel, shouldered and threaded for an extra $50, "
Can you do the MKIV SMG barrell with the 1" entension threaded with 1/2x28TPI?

Hiyas geek,

Maybe I can explain this a little better because I've had a few questions already on the availability of threaded barrels.

There will only be one threaded mk4 barrel in this batch because I have to prototype it first. You can't just extend the barrel and thread the end on an mk4, it's not that simple. The hole through your front bushing is too small to support any common thread you will find on a 9mm suppressor so you would have to bore out the end bushing or have a custom rear bushing made for your can.

Neither of those options are acceptable to me. If I was going to spend the money on a legal suppressor, I would want one that could be used on other weapons and boring out the front bushing on a perfectly good mk4, even a parts kit, is not gunsmithing in my opinion... it's blacksmithing and I am not going to have any part in that :)

Besides that, when not using the can you would have a stub sicking out the front and that just ruins the looks of this classic firearm.

Be patient if you want a threaded mk4 barrel, I think I can do it without all the bad side effects but it's going to take a little time to do it right and I don't do anything half assed. Even if the thing does not work out as envisioned, I will post some pictures in this thread for feedback when it's complete.

The mk7 barrels can be threaded, they don't present any challenges, just an extra operation.

Rick

geeko9mm

R_R
Thanks. I will wait for you experiment. Do you have any standard MK4 SMG barrel left?

NIB

I have one for 150.00

It has phosphate finish and will turn a wiselite into a SBR with the correct paper work.

You should not own this barrel and a semi sterling as it would be onstructive compliance.Unlessyou have your STAMP.

Ranger_Ric

geeko9mm said:
R_R
Thanks. I will wait for you experiment. Do you have any standard MK4 SMG barrel left?

Yes, I have a number of them left.

If you have a semi Sterling built from a parts kit with the stock welded closed it is classified as a pistol and this barrel should be perfectly legal. If you have a Semi sterling built as a 16" barrel carbine and if it would accept a standard mk4 barrel, it would be illegal to own the short barrel without an SBR license.

I have two short barrel AR-15 uppers that are built on pistol marked lowers which are perfectly legal sitting in my gunsafe right next to AR-15 carbines. It does not matter that a person could pull two pins and slap the short uppers on the standard carbine lowers, I have them on pistol lowers and I only have short uppers for the number of pistol lowers that I own. Now if I had an extra short upper just sitting there without a lower for it, then it would be illegal as they could say I intended to put it on a carbine lower.

I am not a legal expert on this matter but I know the above is true because I have discussed it with a local ATF agent at length. I am telling you exactly what he told me. Next time I see him we will discuss home built Sterlings.

Rick

geeko9mm

I need one for one that have the "happy" switch with the $200 Tax stamp paperwork. The real macoy, Sterling MKIV SMG.:evilgrin

Ranger_Ric

Mk4 & Mk7 barrels

We have a few Mk4, a couple 8" Mk7 and a number of 6" & 4" Mk7 barrels left if any wants one. Thought I would post here before our Shotgun News ad comes out with some other products because these will be listed as well and will probably be gone quickly.

The Mk4 has a bead blasted finish, the Mk7 does not. All are black oxided and turned from Green Mountain blanks. All our products have a 100% money back guarantee.

Mk4 barrels $150
Mk7 8" barrels $150
Mk7 6" & 4" barrels $125

All Mk7 barrels are threaded 1/2-28

Call John at Starlight Instruments to order... 260-244-0020

I have developed a threaded barrel with adapter for the Mk4 but only had enough material for the proto-type. These threaded Mk4 barrels will be available once we get our next barrel material shipment in late summer or early fall.

Rick

mk4_barrel.jpg

mk7_barrel.jpg

bondservnt

barrell shroud in aluminum?

do you know anyone around these parts that would offer a
faux l2a3 barrell shroud tube with milling and trigger group cover
as well as the grips mount?

Ranger_Ric

Not right now. I am going to build one of my kits as a fake L2A3 but I don't know if we will offer any parts. We might, I just have to see how the build goes before we decide if it's economically feasible.

dodge15

sterling barrel

Do you have any MK4 barrels left? I need one.
Donald

Ranger_Ric said:
We have a few Mk4, a couple 8" Mk7 and a number of 6" & 4" Mk7 barrels left if any wants one. Thought I would post here before our Shotgun News ad comes out with some other products because these will be listed as well and will probably be gone quickly.

The Mk4 has a bead blasted finish, the Mk7 does not. All are black oxided and turned from Green Mountain blanks. All our products have a 100% money back guarantee.

Mk4 barrels $150
Mk7 8" barrels $150
Mk7 6" & 4" barrels $125

All Mk7 barrels are threaded 1/2-28

Call John at Starlight Instruments to order... 260-244-0020

I have developed a threaded barrel with adapter for the Mk4 but only had enough material for the proto-type. These threaded Mk4 barrels will be available once we get our next barrel material shipment in late summer or early fall.

Rick

mk4_barrel.jpg

mk7_barrel.jpg

cslater

I realize this is a 10 year old thread--but i have a 20 year old problem...Is rick Thomphson or anyone familiar with the wiselite conversion process still around i need a 7 inch MK7 barrel with no breach cut ...only the precise 21mm dia loading end..wiselite brazed the barrel face collet in place and i dont want to debraze just to change the barrel which in my case is they shipped with no barrel promised a barrel but went out of business..thank you charles

cslater

Do you have any leads on a MK7 barrel.Either the trunion one or the threaded variety .
Thanks I have an entire brand new MK7 with no barrel.
charles

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter