Sterling mags, parts & accessories sources

sunnybean

rooftop voter said:
Apex now has Sterling mags for only $30 each! Of course a month after I buy 7 of them!!! lmao

They're still $110 on my view. I'd be pissed at myself if they went to $30 as I just got one in.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
They're still $110 on my view. I'd be pissed at myself if they went to $30 as I just got one in.

You must be talking about WLA barrels. He is talking about Apex Sterling mags.

Josey Wales

I was looking for some origonal sterling Magazines for my wiselite 7.62 Tok, it came with STEN mags. I found some at Numeric as well as parts kits. Does anyone know if the mags will feed the 7.62 Tok? The STEN mags it came with look to be unmodified. I just want the origional look.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
APEX has Sterling mags, but they won't take 7.62x25. It's too long to fit in the mag.

The STEN mags from Wise Lite Arms are modified by them to take 7.62x25.

APEXgunparts

APEX Gun Parts is a member now..

I just thought I would make a quick post introducing APEX Gun Parts as a member of UZI Talk.

I know many of you are familiar with us as a source for STEN and STERLING part kits and magazines.
We are also continuing to expand our line of parts.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about our products.

Richard@apexgunparts.com

APEX Gun Parts

719-481-2050

P.O. Box 144

Palmer Lake, CO 80133

Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm

www.apexgunparts.com

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
I have purchases from Apex in the past and can tell you all they are A+ in my book. Welcome to the site!

Matt Eisenbraun
Deep Creek Outfitters LLC
07/02 FFL

gunner30

+1

All my Sterling mags have come from Apex, never a problem, good mags that work and timely shipping.
Gunner

bod

APEXgunparts said:
I
APEX Gun Parts

719-481-2050

P.O. Box 144

Palmer Lake, CO 80133

Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm

www.apexgunparts.com

sir, would you ship to EU countries? when interested in sterling mags and springs (ie. no registered parts as barrel, bolt and bolt assembly), could i just place individual order over your web site or should i place an order via my licensed gunsmith/arms dealer?
thank you

APEXgunparts

bod said:
sir, would you ship to EU countries? when interested in sterling mags and springs (ie. no registered parts as barrel, bolt and bolt assembly), could i just place individual order over your web site or should i place an order via my licensed gunsmith/arms dealer?
thank you

Thanks for the inquiry.

Sorry, but we are not licensed for any sales of gun parts outside the USA.

Regards,
richard@apexgunparts.com

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
I was treated right by APEX when a recent order came up one part short. They made it right promptly and courteously. Thank you guys!

Five years and counting, I'm still waiting on missing Sterling mags from IMA. Guess who I haven't ordered from in five years and who I will order from again?

john_bud

The mags from numrich showed up. They look good. Decent finish and about the only bad thing I can say is that they were dirty. Took apart and cleaned added a drop of oil to the roller pins and put back together. Can't wait to use them.

APEXgunparts

APEX Sterling L2A3 parts..

I have been adding some new parts to the Sterling catagory.

Follow this link to browse the selection::
https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/83

British_Sterling_w_USA_Barrel_5_mags.jpg

We also have more semi-auto parts/converted parts on the way!

Richard@apexgunparts.com

OUTSTANDING SERVICE!

I wanted to give a
psmiley236hw.gif
to Richard and his Crew at APEX Gun Parts! I placed an order with APEX on Saturday, and received the package Monday! OUTSTANDING SERVICE! Thank You! I purchased a Sterling MK-4 Type-I on Thursday, which came with 2 34-Round Mags. I ordered APEX's 4-Mag Package, 2 Spare Firing Pins, and a Return Spring & Guide Set. The packaging was EXCELLENT! No parts were flying around loosely in the package, and I certainly appreciate the extra time and effort it took to ship it right. Again, Thanks to APEX!

Cheers!

BB

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
We carry some Sterling Parts and Accessories. Here is a direct link for your convenience: http://www.copesdistributing.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=sterling

And some Sten Parts and Accessories Too! http://www.copesdistributing.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=sten

The bolt and the trigger pack are not Sterling. They are Chilean FAMAE PAF. It's based on the British Sterling L2A3.

Those parts will fit a Sterling, but they're not the same quality. The trigger pack is not stainless and the extractor is.... well, let's just say the Sterling one is better.

The parts kit is Sterling L2A3. You can compare the bolt and trigger pack with FAMAE PAF parts and see they're not the same.

Last edited:

NBC LT

Noticed this weekend that APEX seems to have pulled the extractor from their available partlist online. Going to call to see if it is an error. Stocking up parts since my NFA form went pending.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
short chamberd.JPG

I am seeing more of these short-chamberd barres from APEX. This one is the worst so far.

If you’re building a semi-auto, or plan on using one of these barrels in a Mk6, you really should check the chamber depth before you use it.

If the chamber is too short, you will need to have it reamed to the correct depth. It’s a small job most gunsmiths can do in a few minutes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter