Stolen Transferables??? Anyone ever had one stolen?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
No advice to offer the OP regarding the stolen items other than that I sincerely hope he is able to get them back.

For everybody else...Collectibles Insurance Services or a similar specialty insurance policy. For $630/year, my guns and gold coins are insured up to ~$110k. Even if they are away from the scheduled premises, they are covered, as long as I did everything according to the policy.
Anything particular you have to do? Does it cover mailing them?

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
Anything particular you have to do? Does it cover mailing them?
Not really.

I have up to $60k in coverage for items away from the scheduled premises. Full coverage if I'm at a "Collectibles Exhibition", whatever the hell that is. :D

As far as mailing, I'm covered. Up to $25k, $10k, or $200 depending on the USPS service I use.

ETA: I do have to keep an inventory of my items. I just use an Excel spreadsheet that I update every so often.

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
As a data point I pay $3.33 per $1000 of value (per year) through Eastern Insurance "Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Program"

Coverage includes during shipment.

Had them for years, very pleased.

Last edited:

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
As a data point I pay $3.33 per $1000 of value through Eastern Insurance "Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Program"

Coverage includes during shipment.

Had them for years, very pleased.
$3.33 per $1k a year? Or a month?

stampcollector

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve also had Eastern Insurance for a few years now.. I’ve never had a claim and I hope I never.. I think the lady’s name is Laura Sewall at Historic Firearms Insurance Department.. Great Experience!!

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Try eastern Insurance, Yes Laura Sewell
They have the best coverage
Anything inbound to me and outbound is insured as well as what is on my premises

Paul Kersey

I hope this is within topic, but are there any tracking devices that could be hid within a stock, etc that could work like "find my phone". I believe Apple make a device to find stuff around the house you misplace (maybe called "Tiles" (hey- I'm an old fart)), but love to be able to track on my phone where I stuff is sitting.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I hope this is within topic, but are there any tracking devices that could be hid within a stock, etc that could work like "find my phone". I believe Apple make a device to find stuff around the house you misplace (maybe called "Tiles" (hey- I'm an old fart)), but love to be able to track on my phone where I stuff is sitting.
Airtags.

They communicate with adjacent / passing apple products and you can track them as a 'device' added to your Iphone 'Find My Iphone' app.

Paul Kersey

Sounds like a good way to go? I'm thinking buried deep with a rifle stock that has a hole for a cleaning kit( if it would fit). I guess it all depends upon the size. If too large now (I have not looked) perhaps technology will make them smaller in the future.

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
Years ago a Nebraska man walked into a friend in Nebraksa's gun shop with an UZI and wanted some stuff for it. Gun dealer friend asked him some questions and found out he bought it off a gun show table in CO, was told it was registered and legal and he had it about 10 yrs. No paperwork needed. My friend explained the problem and he wanted nothing to do with the gun. ATF was notified and the original owner was found who had reported it stolen. He had shipped it to a gunsmith in CO for repair, gun smith claimed he had returned the gun. Owner reported it stolen. Owner got his gun back. Only harm done was the guy who bought what he thought was a legal gun, lost out.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter