SUOMI Drum 22 L.R 3D Print Conversion

Bianchi

hi uzitalk! I had problems with my printer when I moved it, she printed me beautiful ovals when I wanted a perfect round...all my printings being deformated! it took me time to repair and rebuild my firmware because I also forgot to add some important options.
snaildrum22lr.JPG
my last modification on the size and profil of the dummies ammos make them move better inside the drum without blocking when they goes from the drum to the feeding tower. the first ones had not the right sizing and shape.
dum.jpg
you can see the difference about size and shape, now I’ve got a little sanding to do!

;)

i also made a new feed tower with a different internal shape but it was not necessary because the first one work.

Uncle Billy

sounds great!! you got all of it figured out, congratulation :). looks as if you will have the only drum in France, that isn't in the military inventory :D.

is it still going to have interchangeable feed tower, UZI and AR, like your first post said?

Bianchi

Hello Uncle Billy,

I work at the same speed than a snail! it's important to me to finalise the drum functionning! because I past a lot of time onto this adaptation, I don't like failure.

I do not go to adapting this to an ar15 because i selled my own Mp15.22, other's could do it! I've no interest in this now.

yes i have a mini drum that helped me to explore many things! that's an exercise that i made to learn.

Mr Billy I invite you and other's to take a look at the works of this guy, that's a pinnacle!

miniaturearsenal.com
drum.jpg
you can also see nice vid's onto his instagram account!

Bianchi

something goes badly no tension? i thinked that the follower be unscrewed or the spring head be broken but no that's the axis he's totaly twisted...
1.jpg
2.jpg

Bianchi

I made another axis with a better thickness but I think it twists when I lock the follower by screwing, made a new knob , and also solder a bolt on the axis to place the follower at the right height...i will try the brazing this time when i found the material to do that.
IMG_20211202_152718.jpg
now with this size the axis be screwed in the bearing before with the other he floated inside.

Last edited:

Uncle Billy

wow, just when you think you got it, something always gone wrong, happens to me on a number of occasions :). hopefully it works this time for you

yeah, I went and found YOUTUBE videos about miniaturearsenal.com scale model guns......man that guy is a artist, not only does it look like a THOMPSON with all the markings, but it's also full auto as well :)

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Saw your mention of sanding messing up dimensions. I'm no expert, but I understand you can use an acetone bath to slightly melt 3d prints. My understanding is it smooths them without significantly altering dimensions if you time it right.

Unfortunately this does not work for PLA.
https://3dinsider.com/acetone-baths/?amp

Bianchi

wow, just when you think you got it, something always gone wrong, happens to me on a number of occasions :). hopefully it works this time for you

yeah, I went and found YOUTUBE videos about miniaturearsenal.com scale model guns......man that guy is a artist, not only does it look like a THOMPSON with all the markings, but it's also full auto as well :)

i will try again and again! it’s like a punishment!
yeah!! a great artist all his arsenal can firing! he showed a set of AR15 in alloy /metal that he made for xmas some's day ago they are magic! you must see his instagram wall and in what kind of luxuous box you could receive his models!

Saw your mention of sanding messing up dimensions. I'm no expert, but I understand you can use an acetone bath to slightly melt 3d prints. My understanding is it smooths them without significantly altering dimensions if you time it right.

Unfortunately this does not work for PLA.
https://3dinsider.com/acetone-baths/?amp

Hello! yes works well on ABS but I did not having a big jar! i looked at that but i never try it...but i will try onto a parts.

Bianchi

I chose a cross of the Templars to make a handle... be perfect to hold the drum and for loading, I finished the black wire, this ABS be shitty but i can test the part.
but my twin flat spring doesn't satisfy me.

IMG_20211209_153706.jpg

Attachments

• ASS.II.JPG
    ASS.II.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 206
  • ASS.II.JPG
    ASS.II.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Bianchi

thank you billy! if you have another form idea for the handle? I take it!

1.jpg
each parts are clamped by two bolts no glue or welding, for the moment all stay in place and not moving when i load.

you can see a bolt that i picked up on a bike wheel be the right size and good shape to center the axis on the drum front cover.

2.jpg

Bianchi

AJOURE.JPG

i will make a front cover with opened spacies to see what really happen inside. do not ask me why i do not made that thing more early.

Bianchi

hello after i printed this opened part
the drum showed me where be his loading problem!

all depend on how it be loaded at the start if you don't paid attention at the ammo inclinaison he will block them. now he and I are waiting to goes try to fully unload it at the range when they give me back my driving license in a few days.

222.jpg

for those that like drums like me (and 3d printing) i found a new thing to do by looking at the work of this person ZVC3DPRINT.

look well and search! there an interesting free 3d file to catch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3JpA1fegyo

TDrum.II.JPG

TDrum.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle Billy

vbat48u.gif

it's amazing what you can make with a 3-D printer :)

I like drums, luckily, I live in a country and state that allows you to have hi-capacity drums, so I just modify an existing drum that has the same caliber of the gun I want it to go in, by making a feed tower and attach it to the drum

here is hoping that the drum you made works 100 percent :)

Bianchi

Yes you can freely buy parts that you want and adapting it! this his a real privilége! from my side i had to learn many thing and i wait the next gen printers that print metal.

the snaildrum is too tiny to put a larger spring, I can modify the drum on the rear for put a second spring with the same size or more larger but i don't want to do it! i prefer starting to modify the m1921 drum because there is more space for a spring! more ammos and it's not so larger when i modify the scaling.

M1921.Drum.22LR.III.JPG

M1921.Drum.22LR.II.JPG

5M1921.Drum.22LR.I.jpg

Bianchi

.stl files are hard to modify i changed their type to work on them more easyly.
tommy2.jpg

this is the scaling for all parts to match with a 22lr ammos
scaling.jpg
i will verify the drum scale by positioning some 22lr ammos files rightly sized in the drum.
tommy1.jpg

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I admire your commitment to this project friend. So you're onto fully 3d printing the drum and tower?

Bianchi

thank you I will only print the drum and all its parts exept the flat spring!the drum is not big, the feed tower already exists it comes from the other project, I will share all these stuff soon!

drm.jpg

Bianchi

hi all! sorry for the silence...i finished and started year by losting two members of my familly... i will put some news of the drum project later. after reducing the drum all the parts are not thick and there a work to do about the thickness!drm.jpg

Bianchi

i have to fill parts and rebuild wall faces of many parts to get it them strong. it's not so long to do with calm and concentrating but i have a load of shit to do now before going back onto this project... see you later!

fill.jpg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter