Suomi Mags for your Lage Upper

pjm204

43 drums, 4 Coffins and 85 stick mags...another Coffin or two would be nice but I think I'll pass.

That's a lot of drums! I wish I had bought more back when I was in college and they were less than $20 (2004). I remember reading "buy it cheap, stack it deep" even back then but I was young and didn't have enough experience to really know. I would have bought a whole lot more parts kits than I did but I'm thankful for what I did buy.

pjm204

Yes back then CFS was the go to for anything Suomi and still have 17 or so of the Suomi kits back then that were dirt cheap.
I remember the $20 suomi kits from CFS. That's when I was in college. I could only have so much stuff in my little room I had in college (off campus). I bought 10 drums back then and it would be over a decade before I'd have a gun to use them with. I wish I had bought more of the $75 rusty romy ak kits one of their employees would sell for $70. Or the even cheaper AMD-65 kits.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Ordered 3 drums. I would rate good to very good by standard rating. Time to buy is now. A couple years from now someone will probably stumble across this thread and be disappointed to find that the link is dead and drums are $150.

pjm204

Price is up to $59.99 now.

Would anyone have any interest in trading some sticks for drums? Obviously not a 1:1 trade.

Last edited:

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Price is up to $59.99 now.

Would anyone have any interest in trading some sticks for drums? Obviously not a 1:1 trade.
$60 is still a good price. I paid $75 a year ago and was happy with that. Auctions give a pretty fair idea of value if you believe that "value is what someone is willing to pay" here is one on GB for $50 if you include shipping and it still has 10 days to go: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/973715700

What a country is asking $60 for their "in need of repair" ones and Numrich is trying for $150 for their "good to very good". I would hang onto the sticks if you have the quad stack. They are pretty nearly dried up already and will probably increase in value faster than the drums.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
These drums will be worth $150 before long. I have a bin full and almost bought more.

Galil#1

pjm204

$60 is still a good price. I paid $75 a year ago and was happy with that. Auctions give a pretty fair idea of value if you believe that "value is what someone is willing to pay" here is one on GB for $50 if you include shipping and it still has 10 days to go: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/973715700

What a country is asking $60 for their "in need of repair" ones and Numrich is trying for $150 for their "good to very good". I would hang onto the sticks if you have the quad stack. They are pretty nearly dried up already and will probably increase in value faster than the drums.

I would be wanting to trade the 36 round sticks for the 71 round drums.

Deerhurst

Unfortunately the sticks are useless you have a double feed bolt. The Lage bolts are single feed so drums and coffins are the options outside of the Lage mags and the shockwave mags.

Pharmerjohnson

Two drums arrived today. One is in very good condition. The other is in good useable condition, with finish wear, but no dents. Well worth the price. I ordered one of the coffin mags from Atlantic too. I hope it turns out to be as nice.

pjm204

Unfortunately the sticks are useless you have a double feed bolt. The Lage bolts are single feed so drums and coffins are the options outside of the Lage mags and the shockwave mags.

I'm aware of the single vs. double feed issue. I just figured there might be someone out there with a bunch of drums that wanted some sticks. Other guns use these mags like the MPA 971, KP-44, etc.

Pmergler

awesome, thank you. I just got my Mac 11 out of ATF jail this past weekend (9 months for a eForm 4....90 days my a$$). I already had a Lage 31k upper for it and 2x suomi drum mags, but found that 1 of them had some feeding issues. So perfect timing for me to pick up 2 more :cool:

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
These are the good old days as Vegas SMG used to say. The suomi drums are going to go up in price. They are well made and to make a new drum today would likely cost in excess of $300.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
awesome, thank you. I just got my Mac 11 out of ATF jail this past weekend (9 months for a eForm 4....90 days my a$$). I already had a Lage 31k upper for it and 2x suomi drum mags, but found that 1 of them had some feeding issues. So perfect timing for me to pick up 2 more :cool:
If this is your first Ingram style transferable then welcome to the club!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter