Suppressor

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
are the factory flash hider threads bore concentric enough to run a
silencer or does the barrel need to be re-threaded with a shoulder?
i have a SiCo Saker and mount that i put on the end of the barrel but
chickened out before shooting it. going to try and find a suppressor
alignment rod and check it but not sure how accurate these are.
kycpZ2W.jpg

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
just throwing this out there, but I dont think the factory threads were 1/2x28 so if you threaded on something with 1/2x28 it might have already been re-threaded for you?
if you had the correct thread mount for your can, disregard.

I dont have an ac556, but I do have a sbr'ed sidefolder and it wasnt great to shoot suppressed. pretty gassy. just fyi.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
You can certainly use a rod and be perfectly safe. Or use a micrometer to measure any difference between Center of Bore and Outer Edge of Barrel. L
The latter requires a bit of Math, but is far more accurate.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks for the input guys.
BD,the mount for the can has the correct threads for the barrel, 9/16-24 iirc.
and yup, the consensus seems to be that they're gassy, i think it's just the nature of this type of operating system. but with the short barrel this thing is really loud and since the barrel is threaded and i already have a mount and a can i've got to try it. just don't want to destroy an expensive suppressor.
sniperdoc, that's a great idea and an inexpensive place to start.. i'll give it a try.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
thanks for the input guys.
BD,the mount for the can has the correct threads for the barrel, 9/16-24 iirc.
and yup, the consensus seems to be that they're gassy, i think it's just the nature of this type of operating system. but with the short barrel this thing is really loud and since the barrel is threaded and i already have a mount and a can i've got to try it. just don't want to destroy an expensive suppressor.
sniperdoc, that's a great idea and an inexpensive place to start.. i'll give it a try.

for sure try it. and yes....they are loud when they're short. you could always try a noveske flaming pig. they make two....one's a little narrower. help throw the sound forward. I've got a couple on "pistols" and seem to help some. might be a little funky looking on the skinny barrels, but just a thought.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
kickstand, those bushings might be a good idea after i get the suppressor up and running. accuracy systems also makes an adjustable gas block. unfortunately, it doesn't have a sight and the strap hanger is on the bottom instead of the side.
rentprop1, i take it you didn't have any problems with baffle strikes? i'd love to see some pics of your set up.
BD, if this doesn't work i'll just have to refrain from shooting in my yard and wait till i can get to the range.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter