The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again David.
I don't think there is any information out there that's not in your book. I keep finding new things in there.
Actually, it's near my bathroom right now.
What a wealth of information. Great job in all the research that went into this.
I received mine in about March 2018, and I'm still finding new things in it to read.
I can't thank you enough.

Thats, I appreciate the feedback!

mvb

Rover Dave,
This may be in your book but I won't have it until I get one at the Fort Worth Gun Show this weekend. I asked this question of Richard Hoffman at BWE and he suggested that I contact you. (Plus, I've read everything I can find and asked a bunch of well-known NFA types, but I still can't get no satisfaction.) I'm trying to find an original IMI Uzi SMG barrel for my Fleming/Urbach full conversion gun. I've found a couple of possibilities but they have no markings at all. How can I tell if I'm looking at an authentic Israeli barrel? Shouldn't it be marked with "IMI," a star, a date code, or at least something?
Thanks.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
The short answer is no, there is no easy way. IMI made guns for many places undermine contracts, and all have the possibility of different markings. Even looking at just the guns issued to the IDF, the markings varied. The vast majority I've seen had no markings at all. Occasionally you see one with an "IMI" or Hebrew characters on it. I've seen some with dates on them but they are usually made for commercial markets like Action Arms in the 1980s. Anything that is truly chrome lined is not IMI. A lot of the aftermarket barrels have different chamfers on the chamber and that helps identify them. Anything that is surplus from Germany is made by IMI, though most of that stuff came in after the time the barrels could be imported. Sorry there isn't a better answer. The barrels from BWE are always an option since they are made to IMI specs.

mvb

Thanks, RoverDave, for your considerate and thorough answer about a loosey-goosey business practice. Very helpful!

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
I was fortunate enough to buy this book and it is so thorough packed with so much information........historical.....information about many variants......parts pictures....so many photographs. I look at it every other day at least!
No Uzi Owner should be without one. Dave, Thanks so much for writing this world class reference!!!

mark214

UZI Talk Supporter
Every time we open it up we keep finding new nuggets of important information.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I was fortunate enough to buy this book and it is so thorough packed with so much information........historical.....information about many variants......parts pictures....so many photographs. I look at it every other day at least!
No Uzi Owner should be without one. Dave, Thanks so much for writing this world class reference!!!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoy it!

delta-10

Finally got off my ass and bought your book today. I had my eye on your closed bolt kit with the ambi-grip but that went crazy. Congratulations, Delta-10

I received the book a couple days ago and man, it was well packed & looks great. I have only read the first 50 pages or so, but this looks to be well laid out and packed full of information. My only regret is not buying this sooner. A must read for any Uzi enthusiast!!!!!

Last edited:

ChazSwiss

Bought the book as I just became the owner of an Uzi with known issues. Its my friends and have shot it before. Friend caught a felony DUI and had to liquidate. Got a smokin' deal, but know its gonna take some work, thus the need for a good reference manual. Really looking forward to the read and project.

foundingMUTHER

Is this book still available, and do you know if it has info on the New Helvetia Mercantile (NHM CO) IMI imports into Sacramento?

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Is this book still available, and do you know if it has info on the New Helvetia Mercantile (NHM CO) IMI imports into Sacramento?

Yes it's available and yes it has info on the NHM Co imports, but not specific serial number lists if that's what you're looking for.

Boomer1983

I absolutely love this book. It's such a great resource for a passionate builder like myself. I really enjoyed all the little details about how little random malfunctions were solved. I've been stumped by reliability issues that took me a while to figure out so it made those stories told in the book very relatable and entertaining to read. For such a simple design it can be extremely difficult to diagnose malfunctions, it makes for one of the most rewarding and challenging platforms to build correctly. Excellent work on putting that book together. A lot of the information is stuff that would have parished had it not been documented and published by yourself

nuge

UZI Talk Life Member
Ordered two more - one for a marine vet and Uzi owner; one for an IDF vet.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I just sold the last of the UZI books a few days ago. I'm out, the publisher is out, amazon is out. The publisher has printed more, but they are printed in China and the cost of getting them here is prohibitive right now, so they're going to sit in China for a while. I'll let the group know when more are available.

Clint B

Please let us know, I’m new to the group and DEFINITELY want a copy! Thank you.

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
I will definitely be picking one up myself. I just wish I would have stayed caught with the group, because I definitely missed out on your first run. Just out of curiosity RoverDave, how many copies have you sold?

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Just out of curiosity RoverDave, how many copies have you sold?

C'mon man....you know the drill!
If he tells you that information, he might have to kill you. :)

All kidding aside, I hope Dave sold a TON of books! An incredible opus. You know your book is good, when Gun Jesus himself is reviewing it.

This was the last gun book my dad read before passing at 97. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he devoured every page.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter