Trigger spring on old but not newer grips

HKGUY

Hello everyone. Say I was watching one of Richard with BWE UZI training videos on how to disassemble and re-assemble the fire control group. He mentioned that the trigger in the older version grips had a spring attached to that part that sits on top of the trigger preventing it from moving I guess to the left or right. He added, he didn't know why IMI didn't use the same spring for the newer version grip frames. So my question is, how important is having or not having that spring in place. Mine didn't have one and I am thinking of installing one.

Jones

The early trigger springs had shorter 'legs' and the "trigger spring retainer" was where the legs engaged.
Later trigger springs had longer legs and engaged differently.
US Barrel Shrouds has the retaining springs listed on page three of Uzi Parts.

Gunsmithing Tip #47. Get a small standard screwdriver and split the tip about 1/8" back.
When removing or installing the trigger spring, catching the ends of the legs with that screwdriver slot
will save you much pain and grief.

Garrett

Gunsmithing Tip #47. Get a small standard screwdriver and split the tip about 1/8" back.
When removing or installing the trigger spring, catching the ends of the legs with that screwdriver slot
will save you much pain and grief.
That’s awesome! Reassembling that mess is always an exercise in frustration.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter