Update 3-6-23--Want to refinish--Question about the markings on my M11/380

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Looks like a pretty rare item there. I'd hold onto it. I think perhaps one day people may truly collect mac machineguns, and police blued, or ones like yours with a rare uncorrected mis-stamp may command a premium.

Who knows though. Mis struck coins are collectible because the US mint is extremely precise, making them rare. In the Ingram family of machineguns however, with the exception of the 11/9, variation abounds.

rodfarva

Update...3-6-23---I want to refinish this gun. Any recommendations, besides those saying not to do it?

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Get on the 308 sign up list......Don't mess with the markings.

I'd just grease it up and use it.

rodfarva

Get on the 308 sign up list......Don't mess with the markings.

I'd just grease it up and use it.
That's the point. I shoot the shit out of this gun. It's my favorite transferable. Probably rated higher on my list than my post-samples. I want it to look good too, though.

LawBob

Reparkerizing: We use Manganese Phosphate which is considered charcoal in color. We can provide an extra dark finish which should match the black anodized uppers for an additional $75.00 – $150.00.

• Standard MAC or Cobray type firearm: This service includes disassembly and reassembly of the firearm as long as it is in STANDARD configuration. There may be an additional charge if the parts to be parkerized are finished in anything other than parkerizing, i.e. cerakote, paint, duracoat, etc. Normal price: $185.00.
  • Standard lower receiver: This includes disassembly and reassembly of all STANDARD parts. There may be an additional charge if the parts to be parkerized are finished in anything other than parkerizing, i.e. cerakote, paint, duracoat, etc. Normal price: $125.00

rodfarva

Reparkerizing: We use Manganese Phosphate which is considered charcoal in color. We can provide an extra dark finish which should match the black anodized uppers for an additional $75.00 – $150.00.

• Standard MAC or Cobray type firearm: This service includes disassembly and reassembly of the firearm as long as it is in STANDARD configuration. There may be an additional charge if the parts to be parkerized are finished in anything other than parkerizing, i.e. cerakote, paint, duracoat, etc. Normal price: $185.00.
  • Standard lower receiver: This includes disassembly and reassembly of all STANDARD parts. There may be an additional charge if the parts to be parkerized are finished in anything other than parkerizing, i.e. cerakote, paint, duracoat, etc. Normal price: $125.00
Thanks for the info LawBob

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
As I understand it, every time a receiver is reparkerized, some of the receiver is eaten away. At least how I look at it, these receivers have only have so many times they can be refinished. Information can be remarked elsewhere on the receiver. How many times can reparkerazation be done before the structure of the receiver would be compromised? I know of no way to rebuild that lost material. Granted we are talking about very small quantities, but these are not "throw away" guns. These are more than likely the only machineguns that private individuals will be able to own. The machineguns that I have will hopefully be passed on to other generations.

If you want to be a collector and have your guns pretty, it would seem to me that you should leave them in the Safe. If you are a shooter, using them will make wear. So adding additional damage to "pretty it up" doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But your guns, your choice. This concept helps me to just use them and not worry about a blemish here or a scratch there. YMMV.

Scott

rodfarva

As I understand it, every time a receiver is reparkerized, some of the receiver is eaten away. At least how I look at it, these receivers have only have so many times they can be refinished. Information can be remarked elsewhere on the receiver. How many times can reparkerazation be done before the structure of the receiver would be compromised? I know of no way to rebuild that lost material. Granted we are talking about very small quantities, but these are not "throw away" guns. These are more than likely the only machineguns that private individuals will be able to own. The machineguns that I have will hopefully be passed on to other generations.

If you want to be a collector and have your guns pretty, it would seem to me that you should leave them in the Safe. If you are a shooter, using them will make wear. So adding additional damage to "pretty it up" doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But your guns, your choice. This concept helps me to just use them and not worry about a blemish here or a scratch there. YMMV.

Scott
Thank you sir, for your opinion.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter