Where to get Uzi Extractors?

Slowmo

litfire145

T
I checked out Numrich and Usbarrelshrouds. It seems like $30-$40 is the going rate for 9mm extractors, sold out of course. I see some IMI extractors floating around Gunbroker for around $70-$80. I also checked out EWK arms and it seems his extractors for something like the LAR are $100 and up. I would imagine if they were to make Uzi extractors they would be up there in price as well.

Time will tell, I'm mostly thinking out loud. I appreciate everyone's input.
The problem in my view is it’s hard to tell what is a legit IWI part or whatever repro extractor that came from Sarco that many people are reselling. If I needed an extractor I would pay $80-100 for one that was guaranteed to work.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I was at lunch after a SMG match with @K2 today. We both have enough extractors for our lifetimes but I brought this subject up. I was thinking that since the Uzi is just a simple hole then a slot for the retention pin that maybe it is more feasible to make an adapter to go in that hole and use an off the shelf extractor from say a Colt 9mm SMG bolt or maybe a 9mm 2011 extractor...whatever...thoughts?

USmfg

Upon a closer look at the pictures on the Numrich website, I believe they are selling grease gun extractors labeled as Uzi extractors. Definitely not IWI extractors (the IWI retaining pin slot is squared off, the grease gun slot is shallow and round) Also some other small differences.

I saw a cast extractor go for $55 on GB a couple days ago. It had a casting line lengthwise along the entire thing. Not saying a cast extractor won't work, but some side by side comparison photos would be helpful to help buyers to distinguish between the different standards and "types" so they don't pay for something they don't want. How would someone go about telling the difference between an IWI and a Sarco extractor?

An adapter may somehow work, but you may have more money into a so-so part than the real thing. Also there has to be a market for someone to have the incentive to manufacture the adapter. Which brings us back to the original issue.

Last edited:

Slowmo

Upon a closer look at the pictures on the Numrich website, I believe they are selling grease gun extractors labeled as Uzi extractors. Definitely not IWI extractors (the IWI retaining pin slot is squared off, the grease gun slot is shallow and round) Also some other small differences.

I saw a cast extractor go for $55 on GB a couple days ago. It had a casting line lengthwise along the entire thing. Not saying a cast extractor won't work, but some side by side comparison photos would be helpful to help buyers to distinguish between the different standards and "types" so they don't pay for something they don't want. How would someone go about telling the difference between an IWI and a Sarco extractor?

An adapter may somehow work, but you may have more money into a so-so part than the real thing. Also there has to be a market for someone to have the incentive to manufacture the adapter. Which brings us back to the original issue.
Where is Numrich selling Uzi extractors? I think a number of the ads that you are referencing for pricing have been out of stock for years and may never be back in stock.

My off-spec SARCO extractors have the slot on the rear cut 90-degrees off from how they are supposed to be.

USmfg

Where is Numrich selling Uzi extractors? I think a number of the ads that you are referencing for pricing have been out of stock for years and may never be back in stock.

My off-spec SARCO extractors have the slot on the rear cut 90-degrees off from how they are supposed to be.
I went to their website and searched "Uzi extractor". The 9mm extractor pages show grease gun extractors and are out of stock. It wouldn't surprise me that they have been out of stock for years.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I brought it up since I have no experience working with 'spring' steels and would probably screw that up. I do have a mill and lathe and comfortable doing prototype work so making an adapter is more appealing to me. Which I would think there may be some other people like me that may be in the same boat.

USmfg

I brought it up since I have no experience working with 'spring' steels and would probably screw that up. I do have a mill and lathe and comfortable doing prototype work so making an adapter is more appealing to me. Which I would think there may be some other people like me that may be in the same boat.
If you have the machines, I don't see why not. It might be a fun and rewarding project. If you do end up with a part that works then you could always bring that to a production shop to have it produced in quantity.

Vector Arms

Full Size Uzi's, Mini Uzi's and Micro Uzi's all use the same size extractors.
We have the IMI Specs for machining extractors and when we run out of our supply of 45 ACP extractors, we will do a run of them.
Without boring you with the finer details, to machine an extractor you first need the correct bar stock and special tooling. Once the extractor is machined, it has to bent to the exact specs so the final bend in the extractor, when the heat treating is completed (another precise process), the extractor has the correct bend and tension to correctly grip the case lip.
The 45 extractor functions in both 45 & 9mm Full Auto and are easily modified to function in a Simi Auto 45 or 9mm bolt.
IMI quit making Uzi's years ago and no longer supports them.
After Ralph Merril purchased the Group Industries Receivers, he flew to Israel trying to source the parts necessary to complete his receivers. IMI told him that they would be glad to re-tool up to make the parts for $25 million. That is why he found the South African Defense Force Uzi's that he sent to Switzerland and had them de-milled. The first 90 Uzi parts were flown from Zurick to Atlanta to Salt Lake City on Delta Airlines in November 1998. We still have some of those de-milled parts, if anyone is interested.
We have been contacted about doing the rework of a European Country's Uzi's who still use the Uzi as a primary arm. The last time they had their Uzi's reworked, IMI was out of the Uzi business and Ruger did the work. That will give you an idea of how long IMI has not been supporting Uzi's.
If we can help you with any parts, spring, magazines, furniture or accessories, please contact us via our business email: directblowback@gmail.com and we will be able to assist you.
Please don't ask for a list of the parts that we have in stock. We haven't had the time to inventory or list them. Our web site is under construction because the fabrication of "Out-of-Stock' parts is our priority.
Thomas J Carpenter, Owner
Vector Arms
Materialized Arms

Chef

Full Size Uzi's, Mini Uzi's and Micro Uzi's all use the same size extractors.
We have the IMI Specs for machining extractors and when we run out of our supply of 45 ACP extractors, we will do a run of them.
Without boring you with the finer details, to machine an extractor you first need the correct bar stock and special tooling. Once the extractor is machined, it has to bent to the exact specs so the final bend in the extractor, when the heat treating is completed (another precise process), the extractor has the correct bend and tension to correctly grip the case lip.
The 45 extractor functions in both 45 & 9mm Full Auto and are easily modified to function in a Simi Auto 45 or 9mm bolt.
IMI quit making Uzi's years ago and no longer supports them.
After Ralph Merril purchased the Group Industries Receivers, he flew to Israel trying to source the parts necessary to complete his receivers. IMI told him that they would be glad to re-tool up to make the parts for $25 million. That is why he found the South African Defense Force Uzi's that he sent to Switzerland and had them de-milled. The first 90 Uzi parts were flown from Zurick to Atlanta to Salt Lake City on Delta Airlines in November 1998. We still have some of those de-milled parts, if anyone is interested.
We have been contacted about doing the rework of a European Country's Uzi's who still use the Uzi as a primary arm. The last time they had their Uzi's reworked, IMI was out of the Uzi business and Ruger did the work. That will give you an idea of how long IMI has not been supporting Uzi's.
If we can help you with any parts, spring, magazines, furniture or accessories, please contact us via our business email: directblowback@gmail.com and we will be able to assist you.
Please don't ask for a list of the parts that we have in stock. We haven't had the time to inventory or list them. Our web site is under construction because the fabrication of "Out-of-Stock' parts is our priority.
Thomas J Carpenter, Owner
Vector Arms
Materialized Arms

Thanks for the information!
I'm curious, do you have any details you can share about what kind of work Ruger did on their UZIs or how that work was facilitated? As in, were the entire stock of UZIs shipped to Ruger in the states, refurbished and then shipped back? Did Ruger supply replacement parts and if so, did they make them in-house or secure a supply of parts from elsewhere?
The Ruger connection with UZIs is fascinating to me considering I haven't heard of them being involved with this kind of work before.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Thomas, I'm glad to hear you guys are still around. Thanks for the information. I was considering getting a run of extractors made, but it sounds like you've got that covered.

I've emailed you about the 45 Uzi extractors. Please post when you get your website up and running.

Vector Arms

Thanks for the information!
I'm curious, do you have any details you can share about what kind of work Ruger did on their UZIs or how that work was facilitated? As in, were the entire stock of UZIs shipped to Ruger in the states, refurbished and then shipped back? Did Ruger supply replacement parts and if so, did they make them in-house or secure a supply of parts from elsewhere?
The Ruger connection with UZIs is fascinating to me considering I haven't heard of them being involved with this kind of work before.

Chef,​

Please contact us at our business email: directblowback.gmail.com and we will try to answer your questions.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter