Where's all the m2 carbine guys?

Todd440

UZI Talk Supporter
Just curious, no section for US military stuff. So, any m2 guys here? I had a registered trigger pack in the past, now I have a pair of unfired Saginaw m2's on the way.

kf4zra

I have a buddy that is really into carbines, i think he is up to about 15 of them now. He has been considering a registered conversion kit/trigger pack. I have been searching all the boards keeping an eye out and haven't seen on yet for sale. Are they that rare? Or is there no demand for them?

Junkcollector

My guess is they are all over the place, just not registered. Back when you could register them who would pay $200 to register a $50 gun.

Kramer

The M2 carbine was my first MG. It's a registered trigger pack and it is fun to shoot. I have three more M1 carbines too.

89lx

I purchased a registered "trigger pack" a few years back. On mine, it's actually the trigger housing that is registered. I installed it in an old "Blue Sky Ord" carbine that I bought back when Clinton was president. Installed one of the reproduction paratrooper stocks. It's a ball to shoot!!

Todd440

UZI Talk Supporter
Here are the pair, in form four limbo for a while. Early and late Saginaw serial numbers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 444

DINK

I am fortunate enough to have an original Inland M2, with the model designation "M2" hand-stamped on the receiver. As far as I can tell, every part on it is correct and it looks like it has never been messed with since it left the factory. It was registered in the 68 amnesty and owned by one guy until I bought it. It runs perfectly.

89lx

I am fortunate enough to have an original Inland M2, with the model designation "M2" hand-stamped on the receiver. As far as I can tell, every part on it is correct and it looks like it has never been messed with since it left the factory. It was registered in the 68 amnesty and owned by one guy until I bought it. It runs perfectly.

Nice!! My "kit" took some tinkering to get running good. Thanks to the guys here on UZITALK for help to get it running!! That was why I joined back in '09.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
Heya, amigos. Another M2C enthusiast checking in. I've had a thing for M1 Carbines for a long time and decided a few months ago to kick it up a notch.

Recently got the call from my dealer that my RR RIA/Inland M2 has been approved for transfer. Mailed the F4 in May - approval is right at 5 months. Picking it up next week. I can't wait.

SecondAmend

High cost of ammo plus the relatively low cost of alterative machine guns (MACs in particular) for many years kept the popularity down. Inability to shoot at most indoor ranges (as not a pistol caliber) limits attractiveness. The lack of "iconic" status enjoyed by the Thompson, M16, Uzi, MP40, and even M14 is also a detriment to value, as such. That said, while I do not own one, I believe a serious WWII/Korean War/Vietnam War firearm collection would be deficient without an M2 carbine.

Hughjimbissel

UZI Talk Life Member
Where are they? Out working second jobs so they can buy ammo!

I have an early Inland M1 and have owned and sold a couple of others. I find myself considering an M2 conversion of some sort to build a Vietnam era "advisor gun" on. These had about a 12" barrel and were usually in a M1A1 stock. Looks like a fun NFA piece.

DINK

My first M2 was set up that way. The dealer (buddy of mine) had picked up the M2 (conversion), whacked the barrel off at the front of the stock, chopped the buttstock off, then had his fun with it. The blast and percussion from .30 Carbine ammo out of a barrel that short is amazing. After he was done messing with it, he wanted it off the books, so he GAVE it to me. I just had to pay for the tax stamp. I later had a drilled-out M16 flash hider fitted to it and put it in an M1A1 stock.

My first MG- I wish I hadn't sold it.

xm15e2s

M2s are big time fun!

Some things about them.......

Ammo is not much more expensive than .556 brass case. Pre-sandyhook it was not bad at all. It will come down again.

Registered conversion kits are the way to go for shooters.

Registered C&R receivers are the way to go for collectors.

SN: stamped on a trigger housing indicates a incorrectly registered conversion kit. Im not saying its wrong but something the ATF let slip by and has issues with ATF.

Host USGI M1 carbines are not cheap anymore. If you have a conversion kit, Fulton or James River make a great host rifle.

30 round mags are cheap(not USGI) and easy to find. ONLY use USGI or those made in Taiwan(NOT Korea). J&G sales sells them cheap.

NON-USGI registered receivers are the least desirable.

Last edited:

xm15e2s

OP.... I seriously doubt they are "unfired".

Saginaw never made M2s. Only Inland and Winchester made M2s. All others are conversions.

A unfired original M2 would be rare and in the 20K or more range.

I would buy "unfired" AFTER REBUILD.

I would guess it seen its use prior to rebuild like most all M1 carbines.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter