Which Suppressor? GSL Jericho or Bowers Vers 9s

pinball-1

Anyone have any experience with both? Just filed paperwork for a full size UZI, and debating which is the better option. Prices are similar.
Already have a 9mm suppressor for handguns, so this one doesn't have to fill any other shoes.
Vers9s would be nice to use on my tri-lug and Mac as well, but seems the Jericho has overall better sound, is a smaller diameter can, and has a longer history with the UZI.
Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
MK9K, Curtis Tactical CT9KS or GSL Phoenix with a 3 lug.

I bought a Gemtech raptor years ago. It was toted as "new technology" smaller package, same sound reduction. What a disappointment that was compared to an MK9K.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jericho and Raptor are very similar given the Latka, Dater history, just like the MK9K and Phoenix. If you really want quiet, get a full size MK9, if you can find one..

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
IMHO, CT9KS.
UZI-Suppressor-1024x775.png

More info on my site
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1142

If you want max suppression he also makes the CT9K and CT9 which mimic the sizes of the old MK9K and Mk9 but NO aluminium which cannot be used in an ultrasonic or with harsh chemicals.

Last edited:

pinball-1

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm not a fan of the short and fat cans, they might be better, but need some "cool" points too. :)

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Call Curtis tactical. Like amphibian said, check into the ct9. It’s bigger so I guess it qualifies as “cool”.

Last edited:

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
IMHO, CT9KS.
UZI-Suppressor-1024x775.png

More info on my site
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1142

If you want max suppression he also makes the CT9K and CT9 which mimic the sizes of the old MK9K and Mk9 but NO aluminium which cannot be used in an ultrasonic or with harsh chemicals.

Compared to the rest in the pic how do you rate the Octane?

How was the tone/sound/back pressure?

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
I can’t speak to a direct comparison but I can say Bowers has impeccable customer service. I have several bowers cans and I am happy with them all.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Compared to the rest in the pic how do you rate the Octane?

How was the tone/sound/back pressure?

It sounds pretty good. I like it better than the old Gemtech Mossad which has a higher pitch to my ears. It is a high back pressure can. Definitely get gassed using it vs any of the coax designs.

Slowmo

I’m not certain, but I believe Curtis Tactical/Joe will make the CT cans in .45, though I have never heard .45 version before. If you are ever going to mess with a .45 UZI conversion, it would be nice to have a suppressor that handles both. Probably would be louder at the muzzle than its 9mm counterpart but wouldn’t surprise me if it was quieter at the shooter’s ear and less gassy.

Garrett

i like the short fat cans and hate the long skinny ones myself.
Yeah, this. Long skinny cans look funny on the Uzi.

I’ve got a Bowers CAC-45 and a VERS-9S, as well as a Trident-9 and a Liberty Cosmic. Most everything sounds similar on the Uzi, which suppresses very well. Much better than the MAC series, for whatever reason.

Having said that, I shot my Uzi with VERS-9S next to an Uzi with an old AWC MK9, both shooting the same ammo. I thought mine sounded good, but the MK9 was incredible.

Based on that, if I was buying another can specifically for the Uzi, I would be looking at the GSL Phoenix or the Curtis CK9 series, as both use the same design as the AWC MK9, but are still being made today.

VXU7720l.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Based on that, if I was buying another can specifically for the Uzi, I would be looking at the GSL Phoenix or the Curtis CK9 series, as both use the same design as the AWC MK9, but are still being made today.

Similar but not the same. A lot more machine work is involved with the Curtis Tactical variants.
As you can see in my pic below, the baffles are threaded together eliminating the need for an inner tube which is more weight.
The Phoenix and AWC both use aluminum tubes which you shouldn't use harsh chemicals on. The old MK9 and MK9K used SS stamped baffles but the MK9K had an aluminum blast baffle due to ease of machining. The Phoenix also uses aluminum baffles.
I don't want aluminum used for my baffles at all.
The Curtis Tactical cans are all SS (baffles) and Titanium (tube). The CT9K is shorter and LIGHTER then the old MK9K since it eliminates the inner tube.
He can make the baffles out of Titanium as well for more money of course.

MK9K-vs-CurtisTacticalCustom.jpg

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Pinball,
If you lived in TX Id sell you my skinny Gemtech Raptor 3 lug and turn right around and place a call to Curtis Tactical. I'd be looking at purchasing a Full length CT9. I can only imagine how quiet it would be.
Having both the Raptor and an MK9K, the raptor rarely gets used. I am however, a bit hesitant to use the MK9K on my Micro, given the fact that Amphibian blew his apart on a Micro. Maybe a CT recore is in order. Sorry to take your post on a tangent but I get giddy over quiet.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m not certain, but I believe Curtis Tactical/Joe will make the CT cans in .45, though I have never heard .45 version before. If you are ever going to mess with a .45 UZI conversion, it would be nice to have a suppressor that handles both. Probably would be louder at the muzzle than its 9mm counterpart but wouldn’t surprise me if it was quieter at the shooter’s ear and less gassy.

Yes. I know he mentioned that to me as well but I dont recall seeing anyone post about it. He did a 45 Grease Gun setup with a ported barrel and used the same design he did for me at this link

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Pinball,
If you lived in TX Id sell you my skinny Gemtech Raptor 3 lug and turn right around and place a call to Curtis Tactical. I'd be looking at purchasing a Full length CT9. I can only imagine how quiet it would be.
Having both the Raptor and an MK9K, the raptor rarely gets used. I am however, a bit hesitant to use the MK9K on my Micro, given the fact that Amphibian blew his apart on a Micro. Maybe a CT recore is in order. Sorry to take your post on a tangent but I get giddy over quiet.

I have one more MK9K that I am thinking about getting recored with an all Titanium stack to keep the weight down instead of going with the shorter CTKS....since I have two of those.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Amphibian,
Do you know if Joe has built a CT9 (full length) yet? If so, have you heard any reports or have any experience with it?

JC556N

I've got a bowers VERS 9S on my Uzi Pre-may SMG. It runs well with it and sounds great. The shiny black anodizing has a very 1980s asthetic that pairs well with the gun too.

I can't put it on my transferable Group gun though without risking a baffle strike, it's way off when mounted to that gun.

I had to send the first Uzi mount back for an exchange to get one that was concentric on my presample.

I'm not a huge fan of having to use washers to shore up a mount so the barrel doesn't move back and forth. But it works. I've had to add more washers over time as the old ones degrade.

147s did not feed at all in either of my SMGs, I was only able to get 158 gr subsonics with round noses to feed in my pre-sample. 158 is rare and expensive here so my gun gets shot way more without the suppressor than with it as a result. With 158s though all you hear is the action working. It's really quiet.

Bowers was great to deal with during the entire process and I'll probably buy another one in the future and have it fitted to my transferable group gun just to have one because I'm just going to sell off my first VERS9S with my pre-may gun.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
My cheap ass will be running a YHM R9 on my Uzi bolt gun.

I wanted a Bowers VERS 9S, but Silencer Shop hasn't had any in quite a while.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter