X22LR Max-11A1/15 Prototypes

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Would it be possible to get a pic of the boltface? I just bought a stripped cmmg bolt to try and weld a fixed firing pin, but I don't know how wide or tall to make the firing pin.
Something to keep in mind, the Lage Max-11/15 firing pin is fixed because of the block in the standard carrier with the sear catch that stops the fixed firing pin bolt group from being used in a standard AR-15 upper receiver. A bolt with a fixed firing pin that could be installed into an AR-15 upper could be considered a full auto conversion device. You are an adult and can make that decision yourself. I would think that modifying the back of the bolt to have the standard firing pin fixed along with a sear catch would tend to eliminate "Imerial Entanglements". YMMV.

Scott

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I just used Max Atchisson RPB defense video taht showed him using .024" music wire attached to the bottom of the bolt face as a reference.
Would it be possible to get a pic of the boltface? I just bought a stripped cmmg bolt to try and weld a fixed firing pin, but I don't know how wide or tall to make the firing pin.

gdk771

Is the Atchisson RPB video on youtube? I have heard about it being made in the 80's and would love to see it posted somewhere.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
OMG, who was the original audience for this film? I would think that the ATF would not take kindly to the information contained. I got a few laugh out loud moments. The biggest was the M1 Garand almost shooting the floor. Max certainly was a "character".

Scott

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
No updates. I've moved and have limited access to a range for testing.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter