UZI Talk Forums

View Poll Results: You think the Semiauto UZI is a...

Voters
886. You may not vote on this poll
  • Range Toy or Plinker (Not a top choice for SHTF)

306 34.54%
  • Serious Tool I would be comfortable with if SHTF (One of my top choices)

460 51.92%
  • NO OPPINION - Vote here if you don't have an oppinion but want to see results

120 13.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 6 16 23 LastLast

Thread: Semiauto UZI - Serious tool or a Range Toy?

UZI Talk Supporter
    The only problem I have had with my Vector Uzi was a chipped firing pin. (Vector replaced it under warranty) With the firing pin chipped, it was still firing, puncturing a few primers, but it it kept on firing!!!

Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8 Dawg
    If 9mm carbines suck so much, how come so many of the Keystone Kops have them hanging on their squad car burglar bars? Duh.

for the FULL thats FULL AUTO effectiveness of the mp5 uzi etc as I PREVIOUSLY STated.........do any military, paramilitary, police, swat, etc use any 9mm semi only...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm huh DUH!

no respectable force of any kind would use 9mm SEMI carbine....may as well use a beretta92 glock pistols etc much easier to carry use holster

carrying a 9mm SEMIcarbine for serious work is like deer hunting with an accordion....your carrying a lot of useless weight for the same end as you would have with a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by dieudonne
    for the FULL thats FULL AUTO effectiveness of the mp5 uzi etc as I PREVIOUSLY STated.........do any military, paramilitary, police, swat, etc use any 9mm semi only...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm huh DUH!

no respectable force of any kind would use 9mm SEMI carbine....may as well use a beretta92 glock pistols etc much easier to carry use holster

carrying a 9mm SEMIcarbine for serious work is like deer hunting with an accordion....your carrying a lot of useless weight for the same end as you would have with a pistol
    I can't point to any specific agencies using a semi-auto 9mm rifle or SBR, but HK-USA has been selling this semi-auto MP5 with pushpin lower for quite some time now under their Law Enforcement products section.

The MP5 SF (Single Fire) Carbine is a semiautomatic only variant of the MP5 fitted with a trigger group that prevents full automatic firing. It is supplied with a detachable flash hider as a standard feature.
    It obviously cannot be targeted at the civilian market because the pushpin-compatible upper makes it a machinegun.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Seal Teams use theirs in semi almost exclusively. That's where the closed bolt gun kicks ass. Man, that's a beautiful weapon. Too bad HK is a bunch of prima donna assholes. They wipe their bungholes with the 2nd and civilian ownership.

I believe I read some time ago that the FBI issues semi-only MP5's to field agents...

Kids! This is painful.

There is a reason that nearly all SWAT teams in the US are going from 9mm platforms to 5.56.... When you figure it out, get back to us.

You've got to love your Uzi for what it is... An Uzi.

Too bad those police departments are having as hard a time as the rest of us getting 5.56 ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by Golovko
    I can't point to any specific agencies using a semi-auto 9mm rifle or SBR, but HK-USA has been selling this semi-auto MP5 with pushpin lower for quite some time now under their Law Enforcement products section.

It obviously cannot be targeted at the civilian market because the pushpin-compatible upper makes it a machinegun.
    Touche!!!! You proved me wrong as for the thinking.....????

I have an Israeli Model B, it is very accurate and reliable, but 9mm is not the best caliber for deep penetration especially when there is a body armor involved.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert
    Kids! This is painful.

There is a reason that nearly all SWAT teams in the US are going from 9mm platforms to 5.56.... When you figure it out, get back to us.

You've got to love your Uzi for what it is... An Uzi.
    UH... I think we figured it out. An Mp5 is not a state of the art weapon, so what does that make an Uzi. I guess if you have to admit against FA PSP's and such the 100 year old 9mm and guns chambered for it (with the exception of handguns) are pretty well outmoded. However, I still think my Uzi would still be a viable combat weapon, particularly if the operator had some trigger time on it and the proper training. My wife is pratically a damn midget (gidget= girl midget) and I plan on her SHTF weapon being "OUR" FS FA because it fits her so well with the straight comb stock and she's not at all intimidated by it and shoots it very well. It also gives her the most outrageous shit eating grin when she shoots it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt
    UH... I think we figured it out. An Mp5 is not a state of the art weapon, so what does that make an Uzi. I guess if you have to admit against FA PSP's and such the 100 year old 9mm and guns chambered for it (with the exception of handguns) are pretty well outmoded. However, I still think my Uzi would still be a viable combat weapon, particularly if the operator had some trigger time on it and the proper training. My wife is pratically a damn midget (gidget= girl midget) and I plan on her SHTF weapon being "OUR" FS FA because it fits her so well with the straight comb stock and she's not at all intimidated by it and shoots it very well. It also gives her the most outrageous shit eating grin when she shoots it.
    once again we digress.................

no one not even myself contests the efficacy of a SELECT FIRE UZI...its a great weapon to sweep up a room with

semi-auto in 9mm? were just beating off a dead horse here

UZI Talk Supporter
    semi-auto in 9mm? were just beating off a dead horse here
    Stay Safe,

uhhhh whooops I meant beating a dead horse

UZI Talk Supporter
    uhhhh whooops I meant beating a dead horse
    Whew!! I was begining to wonder about your "hobbies" there..........

Stay Safe,

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well, it took me about an hour (between working) to read this thread. I just wanted to add my opinion. I love my IMI SA uzi. I can change it from 9mm to 45 in about 20 seconds and it is accurate out to the CQB distance with no problems. I think comparing it to my Yugo AK are comparing apples to oranges. I love my AK, but for CQB (which most civilian uprising SHTF scenarios will be) I'll take my uzi, 15 mags and as much ammo as I can grab. I know those little 25 rd mags are smaller than my AK mags.. In my little vest set up I can fit 18 uzi mags with 25 rd (450 rds) where I can only fit 6 30 rd AK mags (180 rds). If you ask me, that's 270 more zombies or whoever I can kill with my uzi (one shot one kill)... Now if I had a working vehicle and the means to transport heavy rifle ammo... I'm thinking I would go with the AK or maybe my bushy... I'm just thinking a 270 extra rounds of 9mm are better than 0 rounds of 7.62 x39 or even .50 bmg for that matter...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by captshiess
    Well, it took me about an hour (between working) to read this thread. I just wanted to add my opinion. I love my IMI SA uzi. I can change it from 9mm to 45 in about 20 seconds and it is accurate out to the CQB distance with no problems. I think comparing it to my Yugo AK are comparing apples to oranges. I love my AK, but for CQB (which most civilian uprising SHTF scenarios will be) I'll take my uzi, 15 mags and as much ammo as I can grab. I know those little 25 rd mags are smaller than my AK mags.. In my little vest set up I can fit 18 uzi mags with 25 rd (450 rds) where I can only fit 6 30 rd AK mags (180 rds). If you ask me, that's 270 more zombies or whoever I can kill with my uzi (one shot one kill)... Now if I had a working vehicle and the means to transport heavy rifle ammo... I'm thinking I would go with the AK or maybe my bushy... I'm just thinking a 270 extra rounds of 9mm are better than 0 rounds of 7.62 x39 or even .50 bmg for that matter...
    I agree,the Uzi is an Uzi and has it's place,especially in real life. I have fired lots of ammo through mine and have never had a problem,100% reliable and 1" hole at 15 yds,rapid standing fire,good enough for me.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    I agree,the Uzi is an Uzi and has it's place,especially in real life. I have fired lots of ammo through mine and have never had a problem,100% reliable and 1" hole at 15 yds,rapid standing fire,good enough for me.
    Lets face it if the SHTF for real we'd all kill the first person we saw with a FA and take it along with all the ammo we could cart off. I have two silenced pistols that will work for this. I also have an AK and an AR for all my other needs.

Quote Originally Posted by amd6547
    I believe I read some time ago that the FBI issues semi-only MP5's to field agents...
    BATFE also issues the MP-5 SF - semi only. Receiver is a MP-5 push pin receiver. Bolt carrier is the Mp-5 full auto bolt. If a full auto is needed, the trigger group can be replaced ONLY with permission.

Most of the MP-5 SF I have seen that were issued were A2 models i.e. fixed plastic stocks.

I prefer shooting my MP-5 in semi.

Has anyone actually looked at this in a more 'reality based' aspect?
    99.999% of us are not going to taken on by a sizeable force.

The Uzi in semi can be devastating; I started with a semi and it was able waste targets in short order.

The trigger is quick and the follow-up shots are very easy to land.
    Accuracy surpasses expectation.

32 rounds of 9mm will be able to get someone out of a situation on top, if they have the skills of course.

Full auto is great and has that extra option for more applied tactics, but even the military usually keeps their M-4s on semi most of the time.

Full auto can run your limited supply of ammo fast and is why when you are in a combat zone, you don't want to be the one yelling for more ammo.

Full auto is great for suppression, and taking out well lined up rows of zombies, but truthfully if you are up against a typical self-defense scenario the Uzi in semi-auto is way more than enough.

Pulling the trigger fast in the direction of the attacker will also give the same affect. Having a high capacity weapon allows you to waste a few rounds just to get out of an area and keep the attacker suppressed.

I prefer my select fire Uzi, but I would not be hating life with a semi if it was the only weapon available. I would if it was a Lorcin.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterbore
    I am curious what the general oppinions of a standard 16-inch semiauto Full Sized UZI is... I am eliminating SBRs and SMGs as I think we can all agree that in NFA configurations they are more practical for HD or potential conflict use...

So, what is your oppinion of a SemiAuto Vector UZI as from the factory with the 16-inch barrel... Range Plinker or Duty capable tool?
    I have been gone for months and when I come back this is the first post I read. How funny. Funny because the last time we dealt with this issue I think we set a string record and ended up spydering out at least one or two other posts.

I answered this at muuuch length in a post somewhere....guys?

Okay, I'll give you the short answer. We, the soldiers of the IDF, do NOT use full auto in any live combat engadgments or training. FA is virtually non-existent. IDF combat doctrine uses Semi auto only.

While you will hear a vast array of responses from, my biased FA friends here, but you have to ask one question....who invented the weapon you are speaking of and what setting to they shoot it on?

The reason? SA is much more controlable and accurate and when bullets are flying at your face you tend to hold the trigger untill the heavens cry out.

Okay, not such a short answer but I've been gone a while

....miss me guys?

+ Reply to Thread