UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "The Guns of Dagenham" by Skennerton... Any available?

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thanks for the update and insight! I see the Sterling Armaments FB page you mention. That last paragraph on 227 makes more sense now...

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    as far as I know Howroyd (RIP) & Laidler did not contribute anything to this new book.
    I don’t think Peter has finished his time behind bars and was not able to contribute to the book...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hine-guns.html

UZI Talk Life Member
    I'm still curious about any details on how the new book came about and whether Peter helped or not. R Blake Stevens passed in April 2018. James Edmiston has written a tribute to Stevens dated April 2019 in the front part of the new book where he gives Stevens and The Collector Grade Publications books praise. Then he thanks Peter Laidler for his invitation to "join in the update". In his separate forward (which I just reread) also dated April 2019, Edmiston does mention the passing of David Howroyd, his important role in TGoD, and the fact that "we" have purchased the rights to TGoD. So who is we?
    Last edited by nuge; 04-20-2021 at 06:05 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Maybe it's the Royal "we"...

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=67829
    Seems like Peter Laidler was involved. The most recent post under his user profile in this thread though does not appear to be written by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Romen View Post
    https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=67829
    Seems like Peter Laidler was involved. The most recent post under his user profile in this thread though does not appear to be written by him.
    Thatís great news! I had not heard. I was corresponding with him on Milsurps back in 2016 about his Bren book and frustration that some of the manuscript materials that got lost in the care of others in the US. Hopefully that book will be finished and coming soon. I expect it will be the same top notch information and enjoyable read as his other titles.

UZI Talk Life Member
    That milsurps link is pure gold!

+ Reply to Thread