UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for uzi welding jig, to buy, rent, borrow ect!

Looking for uzi welding jig, to buy, rent, borrow ect!

Just looking to see if anyone has an uzi welding jig that is willing to part with. I will buy, rent, or borrow. Just have a kit i need to get finished up and jigs are no where to be found. ( go figure right? )
    Thanks
    Fingers and toes crossed!
    Jake

I don't have a jig to offer, but I will say that the Uzi is surprisingly forgiving to being welded up without a jig. You can really use the bolt & barrel to align much of the internals, and if you shim each side of the bolt with aluminum, copper or brass sheets, the receiver shell welds up nice and straight. Lots of time spent clamping and looking at every angle can reward you with an accurate gun. Not to mention that you'll walk away a lot more comfortable with welding, if this is one of your first projects.

Thanks for the info, I think this is what I will end up doing.
    Jake

I used this copper sheet,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One piece was the correct thickness to take up the slack between the bolt and receiver shell. i used the bolt and clamped it in 2 directions, with 4 clamps. Just take your time, and a small 6" steel ruler will help get things aligned.

I used a thicker piece of copper as a backer to fully weld after using the sheet copper and the bolt to tack weld 2 points on each side and one in the bottom center. The bolt does not ride on the bottom center of the receiver so not a big deal if weld protrudes in there.

+ Reply to Thread