UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 23k for HTA AK?

23k for HTA AK?

I was offered a HTA AK47 conversion for 23k. Is that a fair deal?

Seems to be right around the going rate

not bad not great about right if good condition probably maybe. Counter at 22

UZI Talk Life Member

Yes it is a fair deal. As others have stated its not a great deal, but fair given the current market. A few years ago when I was in the market for an AK I could not find one under $27k. I don't think there are a lot of AK47s in the registry. Back in the 70s and early 80s most folks I hung out with thought the AK was a cheap piece of junk. They would not pay a for $200 stamp on a $250 gun. It was not until years later that I even shot an AK. I do not know why it had the bad rep, but I consider it fun to shoot and controllable in FA. Of course back then those same folks thought the AR was a plastic toy mouse gun.

UZI Talk Life Member
    There are a lot more variables than just MFG and price.
    IMHO, 23K is on the low end if it is a nice gun in a desirable configuration.
    They do not come up for sale that often - esp. nice ones.

I just looked around a bit - I assume you are referring to one of the 5 at Spiwak's
    Seams reasonable, but get detailed pics...
    FWIW, I was offered a high-end item from that collection that never made it to the site
    and it had taken a serious beating firing blanks that was only revealed from detailed pics I requested...
    Last edited by mattnh; 01-29-2020 at 08:45 PM.

UZI Talk Life Member

FYI, Frank at Midwest Tactical has an AK at $21k on GunSpot. I did not look at it in detail, since I am not in the market right now, and I have no connection with MWT other than I have bought from them before. He also has a Fleming conversion at $27k. They do not come up that often, bu there are options out there right now.

+ Reply to Thread