UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: transferable Valmet Ak Remodeling

transferable Valmet Ak Remodeling

HI Folks

I am looking at getting a transferable Valmet 7.62x39 RPK, stamped receiver. I would really like to remodel this into a more modern gun with shorter barrel and magpul Zhukov furnature. Do you think that these receivers can be built up to use Eastern European parts, ie the more available kind? Front and rear trunnion, different barrel dust cover...etc

Thanks
    Heath

Ban him! Just kidding.

It’s your gun, do whatever you wish, but I would be extremely hesitant to alter an already rare Valmet firearm.

I got a response from in range that the receiver was not compatible....I talked to firing line and they said possible but very expensive....

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
    My personal opinion would be that instead of trying to make a rare and non-compatible gun into something it is not, you would be better off purchasing a transferable AK that can be modernized more easily, and likely would be cheaper to boot.

Yeah, I hear that...
    Basically I found a transferable valmet for 15k, the transferable fixed stock guns were 25k, when you pencil it out... it'll take a minimum of 8k to do what I want....

+ Reply to Thread