UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: New ar15 trigger slap inducing full auto simulator.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Looks like someone beat me too it.

Here's RB's source for springs although I bought a 12 pack from McMaster Carr for cheaper than Springsfast $35 minimum order.
    https://www.springsfast.com/products...rt=C04-018-020

Went to the range yesterday and let some Marines shoot my Uzi and my M10. One of them had an AR with a Rare Breed trigger. He was dumping entire mags with no problems. I did not try to shoot it, but it seemed cool. On another note, one of the people at the range had an unregistered SBR. He had no idea what a an SBR or a stamp was. I just told him that it needed a stamp and walked away.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I found that mine had the same issue as the kinked spring but it did not affect its performance....but I only fired two 30rd mags the day I got it. It ran flawlessly. Amazing performance. Felt like my M16A2. My spring later became kinked by repeated dry cycling and another 40-50 blanks. It's been WAY too cold to be outside.I suppose I could EVENTUALLY had issues if I would have kept using it as is. I opted to have my expert machinist take a look and he agreed it was a complete design flaw. While not a big deal to throw it in the mill and drill a new angled channel, his opinion was that it would only change the direction of the design flaw and not fix the problem. The only "right" solution would be a redesign utilizing a torsion spring.
    Fortunately we, mostly HE, came up with a very simple fix that should result in a 100% solution.
    It involved a combination of a large chamfer in the "locking bar" pocket exactly as shown in the video, AND a rounded guide rod. This allows the spring to literally change angles in its pocket. The pin makes kinking impossible even at full travel.
    I have since repeated at least as much manual cycling and blank firing, without the live ammo, and you can see the spring is perfect without the slightest kink. No surprise as there is no possible way for it to kink with this setup.
    I hope to run a few hundred rounds of Lake City through this soon.
    BTW, it's in a stock Colt 6920. i have the stock H buffer. I do have an H2 Colt buffer and may try to see if it slows it down?
    I don't own or desire any custom or build type race guns. I even put a carry handle on mine. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur! Proud of it, too. ;-)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do NOTHING!"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Let me know if you need a new locking bar spring. I have an extra.

Please share pics of the "rounded guide rod" fix. I can't visualize what that is.
    Last edited by strobro32; 02-19-2021 at 09:07 AM.

UZI Talk Life Member
    It won't allow me to upload more than one image. I'll try in two posts.

This is a #2x56 x 1/4".
    The head is beveled purposely to rotate in the pocket. It fits supersnugly into the spring.
    I was going to post this in the guy's YT but am unable to.
    Attached Images  
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Here you can see how it fits in the chamfered pocket.
    It now actually sits at an angle.
    Attached Images  
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    https://youtu.be/qWL6dZt_96E

I have posted the video clip temporarily to help others.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Thank you.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I posted a comment to the guy who was the impetus and even gave him credit, but he deleted my comment. I guess it's bad form to link to your video on someone else's? I don't know anything about this stuff. First YT vid I've uploaded in my life. Probably will be the last! LOL
    I was just trying to pass it on...
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

I tried to install mine in my modern production Colt lower this morning, unless I'm missing something stupid on my part, it will not fit with the "wall" in there. (I removed hammer, trigger, safety and related parts)

The last pic is after I put the original fire control group back in, and circled the area that impedes installation of the FRT-15. I'm not going to mill it out to install a gimmicky trigger like this.

I'm throwing it on GunBroker. Maybe I'll put the money towards a registered M16 lower. Haha

UZI Talk Life Member
    To each their own. But this trigger is NOT a gimmick. A range toy perhaps.
    As far as your lower...I most HAPPILY milled mine out! Stupid, ass kissing virtue signalling from Colt. I'm sure the "lawyers" chimed in as well.
    Your Colt will have a MUCH higher resale value milled out!
    Attached Images  
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    To each their own. But this trigger is NOT a gimmick. A range toy perhaps.
    As far as your lower...I most HAPPILY milled mine out! Stupid, ass kissing virtue signalling from Colt. I'm sure the "lawyers" chimed in as well.
    Your Colt will have a MUCH higher resale value milled out!
    "Range toy" is probably more appropriate than gimmick in this case, though could be argued synonymous in this case.

Anyways, milling out is certainly an option, but I don't want to go that far at this point.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I went out and burned a little over 250rds this afternoon since the weather was so nice.
    Examined the trigger afterwards and ZERO issues. I wasn't surprised. No way it can kink now.
    My work there is done. Hopefully it can help others? I've seen some crazy fixes. Cutting away lots of metal, drilling a new hole and set screw... no need!

https://youtu.be/TcM8R_gEXuA
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I agree. It's a range toy. It will help you remove some of your ammo stash quickly.

UZI Talk Life Member
    It will help you remove some of your ammo stash quickly.
    Well, there is that. ;-)

Some additional notes.... I shot Federal Lake City mostly, and then some newer Winchester Lake City. Both functioned flawlessly. That's mostly because I decided that's all I would run in my M16A2 a long time ago, so I stockpiled.
    I then replaced the H1 with an H2 buffer. It shut the gun down. I kept getting single shots and jams. So much for those who insist an H3 will fix everything. If you're having problems, I suggest trying ALL buffer weights.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    I also posted a video shot in slow motion. While initially done for fun, it struck me how you can clearly see the trigger being forced forward. I was doing my best to stay on it, but in order to effect rapid fire, the pull must be feather light or it will lock the gun up. Honestly I really can't feel it while it's firing.

https://youtu.be/kX5R99ctoY0
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    the pull must be feather light or it will lock the gun up.
    What do you mean, "lock the gun up"? Do you end up with it round chambered, hammer down with no ignition but light primer mark?
    Now hosting: www.MAC-11.info

UZI Talk Life Member
    The general consensus is the trigger needs to pulled hard enough to just release the hammer. If you pull and hold the rigger hard, the hammer puts upward pressure on the carrier and can slow or stop the BCG in the upper.

UZI Talk Life Member
    As Strobo said, anything more than a light touch will cause a number of issues, including stovepiping. Interestingly, I suddenly started having stoppages and actually popped it open to see if I had a major problem. Seeing no obvious issues I tried again and realized I had reverted back to "normal" trigger pressure. This is probably the only reason I don't see it as a defensive option right now. I can see in the stress of a firefight forgetting and holding the trigger back or pulling too hard. That opinion may change as I gain more practice. Just don't have that many opportunities to fire it. I do take my M16 with me when I go out as I really don't want to have to explain to LEO what it is.
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

UZI Talk Life Member

I saw a mysterious message on my desktop that said these triggers got restocked
    yesterday. I went to the site and they were showing 200 when i bought a pair
    in a couple of hours they were sold out!!!

I wonder if one is selling AR15s, if it would help sell them.
    I think so
    Last edited by Haris1; 02-23-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: more detail
    Any One Who Thinks The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword
    Obviously Never Encountered Automatic Weapons
    General Douglas MacArthur

+ Reply to Thread