UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cut down M2 carbine project with pictures.

Cut down M2 carbine project with pictures.

This isnít even close to complete. Really just a mock-up. I bought the two cutdown stocks off Gunbroker yesterday and picked them up this morning. Dropped in my M2 kit and a striped upper.

I wanted to do something like this but didnít want to cut up good stocks. The one with the chopped butt plate and sling swivel isnít cut for the M2 kit yet, and I will need to reinforce the wood so it wonít split when shooting.

Itís just a beretta barrel sticking out of the front for show. I will most likely get some Fulton Armory receivers for these builds.

I have other incoherent projects planned for this kit over the next few weeks and months. Iím hoping to add images of my progress as work continues. Itís crazy how underrated the modularity of the M1 is. Definitely a Barbie gun.

How do you feel about muzzle flash? If you like a big fireball, you will love the shorty carbine. If you don't like it, you can thread the end of the barrel and install an AR-15 type flash hider that will do a remarkably good job of killing the flash. When I did it many moons ago, I used a regular AR-15A1 FH that was bored out to pass .30 caliber bullets and threaded the barrel for 1/2-28 threads. The FH produced a neat star-shaped pattern of tiny white balls of fire extending out about 4-5 inches around the FH. Today, I would use a FH made for the 7.62x39 or 9mm and thread 1/2-36 to provide a bit more "meat" around the end of the barrel and not need to ream to FH out.

UZI Talk Supporter
    You need a enforcer stock if you can find one cheap.

I currently have a spare just need it for a project I scored a NIB enforcer parts kit about 2 years ago off of EBAY of all places for 289 shipped I was the only bidder.

Everything but the IJ receiver was NOS to the point I had to put my own holes in the stock for the screws.

I'll admit those came out nice really digg'n the single point attachment on the middle one.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Ever thought about an M1a1 or folding stock for it?

I decided to go a different direction.
    Notice there is no selector switch in the usual spot. I have a modified washer in its place, so itís full auto only. For some reason Sage or Inland Manufacturing, whoever made these, left enough room for the trip lever, but didnít make a cutout for the selector switch. I didnít want to go cutting on the chassis with my less than stellar grinding skills. I also have a shockwave blade on this thing for now. Strange on a machine gun I know. If you look closely through the slits in the side of the sage chassis you can see the trip lever. Other than that it doesnít look any different than a semi auto from the outside. I havenít noticed any of the abnormal wear these Inland Manufacturing guns are infamous for yet, and it was a used firearm.

This setup is dwarfed by the mac10 with a max-10/31 upper.

That's quite the little Black Beauty! Could you give some details on the sights, please?

Quote Originally Posted by DINK View Post
    That's quite the little Black Beauty! Could you give some details on the sights, please?
    The sights came standard from Inland Manufacturing for awhile. https://www.inland-mfg.com/product261.html

Did you by the pistol stock, or have to by the pistol. They sale the rifle stock but I
    Could not find any one that would sale
    Just the pistol stock. Looks cool . I went
    with the ar15 in 30 carbine pistol.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread