UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Manual safety or no on EDC pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Well I agree that having to rack the slide does put you at a disadvantage, I think if you're looking for another layer of protection I'd rather have the safety on, then have to rack the slide because of the noise. That's where my head is today anyways. I'm losing conviction that it's bad to have one in the chamber.

I remember nutnfancy carries in a fanny pack.

Noise would be far down the list of disadvantages I would worry about. In a self defense situation I figure when I pull a gun out only one of two things are going to happen: 1: the bad guy craps his pants and suddenly remembers a previous engagement elsewhere, which is what happens the vast majority of the time from what I have read. Or 2: the gun is immediately fired until the problem is resolved. Unless I am holed up in a "safe place" and I don't want to reveal my presence, I can't think of any common scenario where the sound of a gun racking would be a huge disadvantage. The slowness of response, the increased risk of a jam, etc. would be at the top of the list.

By definition a self defense situation is a reactionary scenario, after having already been targeted by the bad guy(s).

UZI Talk Supporter
    Slimshady
    There is a thread on here from around 2003 where someone broke into my house through a kitchen window.

I stuck that little 44 bulldog up to his temple as he came through.

Ya know what the punk said?

Ain't the 1st time I had a gun put to my head.

The PSP took care of it when I called 911 and had his ass hanging out the window.

So that is a 3rd option when the shitbag dares you to pull the trigger.

Right there it's shit or get off the pot. My luck was the shitbag was 1/2 in/out the window and pretty helpless @ that point.
    Other wise there would have been nothing stopping him from saying that and rushing me. ( 21 ft rule)

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    Well I agree that having to rack the slide does put you at a disadvantage, I think if you're looking for another layer of protection I'd rather have the safety on, then have to rack the slide because of the noise. That's where my head is today anyways. I'm losing conviction that it's bad to have one in the chamber.

I remember nutnfancy carries in a fanny pack.
    Nutnfancy pants isn't someone I'd listen to Nor MAC nor HICUP45

Nuttnfancy pants with a 50 AE desert Eagle ND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIpyt54e0o
    It's only 30 seconds and great for a lesson & laugh.
    I normally avoid people that have CD or ND or what ever you want to call it.
    Like the man in BlackHawk down says my finger is my safety.

I only found it the other day since I bought a Desert Eagle MK XIX component package after selling some dumpster guns on GB

My problem with hicup45 is when I bought the 454 Casull and tried to watch his vid he made it sound like yer arms would fall off after the 1st shot.
    2 shots and you'd never be right again what a pussy.

MAC is ok but he gets a lot of things wrong like gun jesus does and if your making a vid for the world it helps to do a bit of research before ya run your mouth.
    We all make mistakes but geeze there is editing software now days and a thing called books and the internet do a bit of research.

Anywho back to the topic.

Yes the 1st thing is to have a gun with you on you. we have a lot of guys that open carry here. To me that's the biggest mistake everyone knows ya got one and that's not good ( INSERT REASON HERE)
    2nd practice go to some IDPA or just buy a 100 shot timer. even those rumble tumble things and laser bullets are good.
    It's what I got my 11 year old for his 357 blackhawk for in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Slimshady
    There is a thread on here from around 2003 where someone broke into my house through a kitchen window.

I stuck that little 44 bulldog up to his temple as he came through.

Ya know what the punk said?

Ain't the 1st time I had a gun put to my head.

The PSP took care of it when I called 911 and had his ass hanging out the window.

So that is a 3rd option when the shitbag dares you to pull the trigger.

Right there it's shit or get off the pot. My luck was the shitbag was 1/2 in/out the window and pretty helpless @ that point.
    Other wise there would have been nothing stopping him from saying that and rushing me. ( 21 ft rule)
    OK, I can understand not wanting to clean up the mess and all the damn paperwork. Outside the home with EDC, option 3 would be a rare occurrence. Also cleanup is someone else's problem...

USA or if you're a Hamasnik lurker, Judea and Samaria Israel
    I like my Baby Eagle DA/SA, mine has the DeCocker not the safety.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Condition 1. Glock 23.
    Stay Safe,
    Glockdude1.........................

"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Nutnfancy pants isn't someone I'd listen to Nor MAC nor HICUP45

Nuttnfancy pants with a 50 AE desert Eagle ND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIpyt54e0o
    It's only 30 seconds and great for a lesson & laugh.
    I normally avoid people that have CD or ND or what ever you want to call it.
    Like the man in BlackHawk down says my finger is my safety.

I only found it the other day since I bought a Desert Eagle MK XIX component package after selling some dumpster guns on GB

My problem with hicup45 is when I bought the 454 Casull and tried to watch his vid he made it sound like yer arms would fall off after the 1st shot.
    2 shots and you'd never be right again what a pussy.

MAC is ok but he gets a lot of things wrong like gun jesus does and if your making a vid for the world it helps to do a bit of research before ya run your mouth.
    We all make mistakes but geeze there is editing software now days and a thing called books and the internet do a bit of research.

Anywho back to the topic.

Yes the 1st thing is to have a gun with you on you. we have a lot of guys that open carry here. To me that's the biggest mistake everyone knows ya got one and that's not good ( INSERT REASON HERE)
    2nd practice go to some IDPA or just buy a 100 shot timer. even those rumble tumble things and laser bullets are good.
    It's what I got my 11 year old for his 357 blackhawk for in the house.
    Bro that is NOT nutnfancy lol. Video scared me first time, had me laughing second time at that guy on the left checking himself.

I have had a ND due to a sear issue, so I can't sit on any high horses, but I will say I don't carry much, and that guy legit carries all the time. Just brought it up because there are other options like the fanny pack if you choose. To be fair I'd like to see his draw time.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Gun Jesus and the Gospel of John [Browning].

+ Reply to Thread