UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BWE is still here and not going anywhere.

UZI Talk Life Member

BWE is still here and not going anywhere.

I am still here. I have not been answering the phone or emails in the last month because of health issues, and I apologize for that.

I just got out of the hospital after a two plus week stay there after emergency surgery. I found out I have Colon cancer and am recovering from the surgeons removing most of my Colon. As I recover my strength I will get back in the shop and get things back on track. Give me some time and I will get everything back on track. The cancer explains why I have been so worn out the last year and have been working a lot slower than before.

There is no need to worry about me dying and people not being able to get their Uzis fixed, I am not going anywhere and I can't afford to die anyway. My wife is going to start taking on some of the work with producing parts to help us get back on track. My son graduates from college this spring and at this point his plans are to join the business. As I get him trained it will relieve the load on my plate and increase our production times. BWE is not going anywhere and is not closing for a long time.

The other thing to remember is 2020 was a crazy year for the firearms industry and me as well. We sold 3 times as many parts in 2020 as we have in any other year. As a one man shop I simply could not keep up with parts production and gunsmithing. 2021 will be a rebuilding year for BWE as I get my health back and get the family helping more in the shop we will get caught up please just bear with us. After all my health is the most important thing.

I also want to thank everyone for their support and prayers during this time. It means a great deal to me .
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Supporter
    Get well soon. Cancer sucks

UZI Talk Supporter
    Last weekend I buried my uncle who was my lifetime hunting and fishing partner. Lost him to cancer after one hell of a 10 year battle.
    You and your family are in my thoughts. And I like your attitude, never surrender!

Get well Richard. Cancer sucks.

Extending prayers to you and your family, for a quick and full recovery--- and the strength to persevere.

Tony

UZI Talk Supporter

Ultimately health trumps all because without it, well...

So get well, rest, recuperate and it sounds like you have a plan to train the next generation which is good. Especially with NFA stuff, the knowledge needs passed on.

I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

UZI Talk Life Member
    past two cattle-guards, at the end of the gravel road
    Prayers sent! You did some great work for me , thanks!
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

UZI Talk Supporter
    Hope you heal fast but take your time and don't over due anything.

Best 0 luck

Saw your YouTube video, hang in there!! Continued prayers for healing.

+ Reply to Thread