UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC556 parts kits question.

UZI Talk Life Member

AC556 parts kits question.

I recently purchased an AC-556 Blued version. I have been looking for spare parts for it. The only parts I am finding are stainless. Is the any reasons that I should not purchase the stainless parts to use with my blued gun?
    Last edited by gorillastomp; 03-15-2021 at 12:03 AM.
    -Superman wears Chuck Norris Underwear-

UZI Talk Life Member
    Anyone got any leads on a parts kits or a Blued side folders stock?
    -Superman wears Chuck Norris Underwear-

I was in your situation a few years ago and couldnít find anything but a few stainless kits. Thankfully, I was able to get a complete parts kit that doesnít even look like it was ever used.

As for your question about mismatching stainless and blue parts, I donít think itíll be a problem at all. Iíve seen numerous rifles built with both types of metal (mostly bolt actions).

As for finding a parts kit and or a folding stock, Check eBay or funbroker. Keep searching and donít give up. With time, Youíll find what you want.

The good news is you likely wonít break anything and mini-14 parts will work (with the exception of select fire parts).

UZI Talk Supporter
    I sold my last one a while back. They went for just under 1k for a complete kit (standard wood stock and 18” barrel) and all parts
    Except for the de-milled receiver. As preciously pointed out most mini-14 parts
    Interchange. The selector parts, linkage piece to the trigger, the trigger, and rocker arm are all ac556 specific, so
    Make sure the kit you are getting has these parts. They do come up from time to time, so look at the sites previously mentioned as well as here. Good Luck!!!

+ Reply to Thread