UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few things to ask on my build

A few things to ask on my build

The wood stock from the kit will not go all the way on the UC-9 receiver.
    Is this a common thing? Do I need to do some grinding on the stocks hardware?

Would like to use a blocking latch. The Mc Kay bolt is set up for it.
    Does the flat side of the Mc Kay semi auto firing pin have anything to do with it? Does it matter which side the flat is facing in general?

On the top covers with rails is there one that is better or are they all the same?

Is there a link where I can check the specs of this uzi?
    The US Barrel Shrouds barrel is made for the UC-9, but not sure if it will work with the Mc Kay bolt. It seems to close the way it should.
    Without the stock and the top cover its hard to fully test it. Got a few ways to do some testing. Got some snap caps and one laser training round.

Would like to keep the finish on the wood stock. Used Dawn dish soap to clean the handguards. Gun Scrubber did little to the handguards and even less to the stock. That grease on there is nasty stuff. May just use Dawn.
    What do you guys use?

Oops... left out that I have feeler gauges and a micrometer. Also some one went a little crazy on the bolts for the stock. They are punched on both sides.

UZI Talk Supporter

I always used K2R spot lifter spray on to remove oil from wood.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Thank you David! Will try it out.
    The update is that the stock is on. Really on! Going to take two people to get it off. That was an odd thing to do, but there needed to be some testing. As for that the laser training round worked(it works with your finger too). Ejection was a bit weak with the snap caps. Some were tossed out close by and others never left.
    Action did stick a bit, it would do that with the cover off too. May need to break in. Will break out the feelers for checking soon after the new blocking latch is in.

Is it normal to have to use the grip safety to cock this thing?

UZI Talk Supporter

Grip safety blocks charge handle operation and trigger pull, normal.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Thanks again David.

Got the blocking latch, new UC-9 fore grips and top cover with a rail. Back working now and hours are abnormal. Looks like weekend uzi work only.

Forgot to add that a somewhat nice mag with a star was found. Thanks to this site I know where it was made.

Just to be sure: Mc Kay firing pin must have the flat side facing the bolt latch.
    Mine is on the other side.

The flat was on the correct side and the blocking latch is on. May get some live fire testing in.

Top cover: .010 fit easy
    .015 fit tight and pushed down the bolt
    That was the top cover with rail.

BWE is sending back my old grip. Hope the stock latch is also coming.

Oh and got the semi auto ejector in!

+ Reply to Thread