UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FIRE POWER MAGAZINE STEN MKII to 45ACP CONVERSION?

FIRE POWER MAGAZINE STEN MKII to 45ACP CONVERSION?

Many Years ago, 20+ there was a Magazine called FirePower, now gone, that did a good article on converting a Sten MKII to 45ACP.

Basically, they used an M3 Grease Gun Magazine, made a New Barrel in 45ACP, opened the Bolt Face for the 45ACP Rim, and moved the Extractor Outward, and made a New Mag Housing!

Has anyone that Article, and has anyone ever done the Conversion? Any other Caliber Conversions 40 S&W, 10mm, .357 Sig, 5.7x28mm, etc?

With 3D Printers fairly cheap today, maybe a better Mag Foller could be designed for the Sten Mags to use .45ACP would maybe simplify the process.
    Attached Images    

Neat Idea!... I would be interested if this takes off...

Way back in the day a guy brought in a MKII bbl and asked it to be reamed out to .38 Super. He reported the ROF went way up and he had to handload the rounds slightly short to fit the stock mag, but it worked. I doubt .45ACP would fit (lengthwise) in a stock mag.

BTW, used to buy every Firepower mag I saw, they had step by step FA conversion articles I was saving up for when I was old enough to file a stack of Form 1s. I turned 21 in '87...

+ Reply to Thread