UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB IMI GALATZ SCOPE MOUNT

WTB IMI GALATZ SCOPE MOUNT

Hi im Enrico from Italy,
    i have an IMI Galil Arm 5,56 already and now im buying an IMI Galatz (very rare in Italy also).
    Im looking for an original scope mount centered over the bore.
    Thank you

Those original mounts are pretty rare items here in the USA as well. They come up for sale very rarely separate from actual rifles.

I am curious as to how one can acquire an original Galil sniper in Italy and what it would cost you to acquire one. I generally assumed it was quite difficult to obtain things like that in Italy.

Galatz is extremely rare here in Italy also, maybe 15-20 pieces in all the country. i just found one for sale and immediately contacted the seller, i hope by the end of april it will be mine (we have some problems with corona and lockdown). im in contact with some friends in Israel but the mount is near impossbile to find even there, so i think i will go for an ak74 mount (the side rail seems to be similar).

for other guns like that its not so difficult to get them in Italy, it depends on the gun. I have some ex army guns (i dont know how to say correctly) guns that were modified for semiauto fire only like akm, rpk 74, galil and others, they are not so rare.

Welcome to the site, fellow paisan.
    The Galil Sniper (Catalog Number SA 339 0000) is also rare in the U.S.--- 28 imported.
    Check Gunbroker and Ebay periodically--- a standalone mount will be difficult to find--- the problem may be exportation.

Tony

UZI Talk Supporter
    In SA our LM rifles never had the cutout for the scope mount. So ours are installed directly onto the gas tube and dust cover. They sell those parts here locally as well, so we can have a set made for you and no export restrictions.

Going jackal hunting with mine in a few weeks.

Hi Jackal!
    Interesting thing! Only dust cover with rail its possible? Its compatible with 308 dust cover ?
    I wrote you in pvt

+ Reply to Thread