UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feed Ramp ???????

Feed Ramp ???????

Sorry for the dumb question, but does a full auto Uzi not use a feed ramp??? And/or is the feed ramp something just found on semi autos?? Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Thank you for posting sir!!! So what is everyone doing for a full auto feed ramp these days??? Buy the semi and modify it???

UZI Talk Supporter

Did you not look at the pictures, or did you not understand that the Factory UZI SMG just has a feed ramp stamped into the floor of the receiver. No need to change this. People with Semi auto receivers or kit builders building semi auto guns are the only ones who need separate machined feed ramps.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

"Did you not look at the pictures, or did you not understand that the Factory UZI SMG just has a feed ramp stamped into the floor of the receiver. No need to change this. People with Semi auto receivers or kit builders building semi auto guns are the only ones who need separate machined feed ramps."...…...

Please do us both a favor and don't bother to read or answer any of my posts.
    Last edited by msinc; 01-31-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msinc View Post
    Thank you for posting sir!!! So what is everyone doing for a full auto feed ramp these days??? Buy the semi and modify it???
    I don't think anyone is buying the semi ramp, modifying it and then installing it. You can buy a ramp ready to go from BWE. He can install it or others that know how can.

I bought a BWE ramp and had Taylor Pickerell install it.

Could not be happier. I was having some feed issues with round nose ammo and also wanted to be able to shoot flat nose 147's and that was a no-go with the factory pressed ramp.

This is him test firing it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7JlZUKpo8P/

I don't believe Vector will still install ramps, but I have been wrong before.

UZI Talk Life Member
    I make SMG feed ramps. you can use them to replace the factory stamped feed ramps or use them in builds using parts kits and repair sections or new semi auto receivers.

https://bwefirearms.com/product/uzi-...smg-feed-ramp/
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

"Did you not look at the pictures, or did you not understand that the Factory UZI SMG just has a feed ramp stamped into the floor of the receiver. No need to change this. People with Semi auto receivers or kit builders building semi auto guns are the only ones who need separate machined feed ramps."...…...

Like it or not, David Hineline was right in his response. Had you clicked on the link jimdoc provided, you would have seen your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill in VA View Post
    Like it or not, David Hineline was right in his response. Had you clicked on the link jimdoc provided, you would have seen your answer.
    Thank you for your words...please do me the same courtesy and don't bother with any of my posts either. I did look at the link and decided to ask another question. Maybe it would have helped if I simply said "which one??" Pictures clarified part of my first post, they did not tell me which was the "preferred" or best way to go.
    Last edited by msinc; 02-02-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabow View Post
    I don't think anyone is buying the semi ramp, modifying it and then installing it. You can buy a ramp ready to go from BWE. He can install it or others that know how can.

I bought a BWE ramp and had Taylor Pickerell install it.

Could not be happier. I was having some feed issues with round nose ammo and also wanted to be able to shoot flat nose 147's and that was a no-go with the factory pressed ramp.

This is him test firing it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7JlZUKpo8P/

I don't believe Vector will still install ramps, but I have been wrong before.
    Thanks for this info sir, I will be getting in touch with him asap!!!

Thank you for your words...please do me the same courtesy and don't bother with any of my posts either. I did look at the link and decided to ask another question. Maybe it would have helped if I simply said "which one??" Pictures clarified part of my first post, they did not tell me which was the "preferred" or best way to go.
    You didn’t ask which was the preferred type of feed ramp; you asked if an Uzi submachine gun had a feed ramp or if a feed ramp was something endemic to a semiauto Uzi. Re-read your first if you forgot your question:

Sorry for the dumb question, but does a full auto Uzi not use a feed ramp??? And/or is the feed ramp something just found on semi autos?? Thanks in advance for any info!!!
    Jimdoc directed you to the photos, your response was to ask “what does everybody do for a full auto feed ramp. When David redirected you to study the pictures you got all butt hurt. If your skin is too thin to take replies that don’t fawn and mollycoddle, perhaps you should stay off the internet.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Hey, whatever gets the round in the tube. The owner of either probably prefers his own?
    If I was you
    I'd be worried about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill in VA View Post
    You didn’t ask which was the preferred type of feed ramp; you asked if an Uzi submachine gun had a feed ramp or if a feed ramp was something endemic to a semiauto Uzi. Re-read your first if you forgot your question:

Jimdoc directed you to the photos, your response was to ask “what does everybody do for a full auto feed ramp. When David redirected you to study the pictures you got all butt hurt. If your skin is too thin to take replies that don’t fawn and mollycoddle, perhaps you should stay off the internet.
    GFY!!!!! 1st post and I manage to find both of the forum jackasses…..

Administrator
    Looks like there's enough rudeness from all sides on this one. Get back on topic and quit poking each other or I'll have to shut this discussion down.

Regarding feed ramps, there's no NEED to remove the stamped feed ramp in a full auto but some people choose to replace it with a machined feed ramp found in the semi-auto (and as offered by BWE Firearms) because it does a better job feeding bullets with truncated noses. Vector used to offer this as an option on the full auto UZIs they sold. Most people choose to leave the stamped ramp in the gun because it's good enough for the ammo people usually use and it avoids the hassle of a trip to a gunsmith.
    Looking for the definitive reference book on UZI history and technical information? Check out my book The UZI Submachine Gun Examined. Details to order a copy are here.

Hi All,

Just sayin.
    There were some Uzi SMG's with machined feed ramps. (OK. The UZI SMG parts kits have one welded into the receiver pieces.) I've got several F/A parts kits that have a machined feed ramp. I suspect IMI, FN, or whoever was building Uzi SMGs might have had an "enhanced" feed ramp option for those that wanted to pay for the ramp.

To the OP, I've some F/A Uzis that feed just fine with flat nose and hollow point bullets and the stamped feed ramp. That being said I also know many others that have added the machined feed ramp to get their guns running that even had trouble with round nose bullets with the stamped feed ramp.

Enjoy,

K2

Mr. Miata
    UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverDave View Post
    Looks like there's enough rudeness from all sides on this one. Get back on topic and quit poking each other or I'll have to shut this discussion down.

Regarding feed ramps, there's no NEED to remove the stamped feed ramp in a full auto but some people choose to replace it with a machined feed ramp found in the semi-auto (and as offered by BWE Firearms) because it does a better job feeding bullets with truncated noses. Vector used to offer this as an option on the full auto UZIs they sold. Most people choose to leave the stamped ramp in the gun because it's good enough for the ammo people usually use and it avoids the hassle of a trip to a gunsmith.
    Absolutely RD! One of the very cool things about UziTalk is the way we try to extend graciousness to each other as a community. It really is more fun to be nice and ASSUME the other person has good intentions and is a decent human being. There is a ton of research out there about the effect of positivity. It is a healthy practice to look for and assume the good in others. Thankfulness is another factor shown to make a huge impact on human well being. I'm thankful for this community :-). Ok, off the soapbox!

Back to the topic...I have two IMI posties (imported by Century back in the day and sold for a whopping $200) that were both sent to BWE for random feeding problems. Both got replaced feed ramps and now work fine.
    AWWWW NUTS!

REAL MEN DRIVE MIATAS

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    I make SMG feed ramps. you can use them to replace the factory stamped feed ramps or use them in builds using parts kits and repair sections or new semi auto receivers.

https://bwefirearms.com/product/uzi-...smg-feed-ramp/
    What do you charge to install that feed ramp in a FA vector Uzi?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I had Vector build mine with the semi ramp in it. Best thing I ever did, well besides getting one before they sold out. It was like a $150 option I think
    Vector UZI SMG

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXsparky View Post
    What do you charge to install that feed ramp in a FA vector Uzi?
    Email me for prices. I do not put prices on message boards as 10 years from now some idiot will want me to honor that price. my email is richard@bwefirearms.com.
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

UZI Talk Supporter

You ruined my main goal in life which was to join this forum 19 years ago waiting for the day I could read one of your posts.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

+ Reply to Thread