UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FA double barrel break action shotgun?

FA double barrel break action shotgun?

Been thinking, would a double barrel shotgun with the triggers attached to eachother be considered a mg? Pulling one trigger would cause two shells to be fired. I see the giboa snake ar has two triggers... what started me thinking this is a while back someonne was selling on this forum a cartridge to fire 18 22lr shots from a grenade launcher. Using a shotgun primer to run the mechanism. I understand what is and isnt legal is not logical. Just a random thought that i found amusing. If you can have a fully automatic single shot!

UZI Talk Supporter
    Well, if you pull two triggers with two different fingers, that's semi automatic operation. I can tell you from experience it's not fun if you aren't expecting it. It seems a lot of double barrel guns now have only 1 trigger. But my Grandaddy's Fox Sterlingworth 20ga had the 2 triggers and I only tried it once or twice.

I believe if you wired one trigger to two firing mechanisms that would be legally creating a machinegun as it would "fire more than one round per pull of the trigger, which is the ATF definition of a machinegun.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 04-14-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Yeah. Think most over unders are one trigger. Brother has a side by side 12ga we would prove total manliness by firing both barrels with the hottest buck or slug available.
    The hornets nest grenade cartridge is pretty close to the line i would think. but if they got approval for that.........
    https://otbfirearms.com/xm-18-22-rou...-hornets-nest/

Just reading the fine print. Is this thing a destructive device? Would explain lots

UZI Talk Life Member
    Volley guns are not considered MGs
    as it is single shot per barrel

Forgot about volley guns till you mentioned it. Remember reading about a multi barrel punt gun before.
    For modern. Here is what a quick search brought up. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...rstruck-gen-2/

+ Reply to Thread