UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firing pin face peening. Is this a problem?

Need help! My Firing pin face is peening. Is this a problem?

Name:  9052FCFE-8343-4824-9714-2B03B95C9B2F.jpeg
Views: 266
Size:  73.7 KBName:  F27BBBA8-3030-4FF7-8A55-2017A2B81D1B.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  71.9 KBName:  220F10A2-7EBE-4AC0-BBD0-D37A0C73019E.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  26.2 KB

Hello all. First post. Looking for some insight. So I just got a Century UC9 a short time ago. Noticed after cleaning it recently that the firing pin face has some concerning peening going on.

Is is normal? Going to become a problem? Did I cause this after shooting some +p+ ammo through it last range session? Its still sporting a 16” barrel. I do get failure to extract empty cases here and there, which I can’t figure out as my ejector and extractor seem good. I thought that running stronger ammo might be the answer to my FTE issues but it wasn’t. But I am as green as it gets when it comes to Uzi’s as this is my first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Raps6088; 04-27-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Went and shot about another hundred rounds today. Still getting occasional failure to feeds and some stove pipes here and there. Not sure whatís causing it as again, my extractor seems good. I took that out cleaned it. And my ejector seems good. I even bent the top cover to be perfect with just the right amount of gap, just under .015Ē. Didnít shoot any +p+ ammo, just stuck with some standard pressure range ammo. A mix of 147 grain and 115 grain. Itís a fun gun to shoot and accurate too just annoying to get these issues every now and again. So when I got home to clean it, I noticed the peening is getting worse on my firing pin face. I know that was a thread from a few years ago where the guys firing pin was on upside down causing the peening but I believe this is on correct. Iíve also read you can just take out the blocking latch and shoot it. So thatís the only thing I can think of just stop the gun from continuing to eat itself is to just try shooting it without the blocking latch. Iíve got a new recoil spring coming too. Any other insight would certainly be appreciated. Thanks

UZI Talk Supporter
    Happened to the uc-9 I hadÖ eventually had to replace the firing pin cause the tip that sets off the primer kinda collapsed in I guess youíd say

UZI Talk Life Member
    Can we see a pic of the bolt and blocking latch? I have a slight scoring on my Norinco due to the movement of the firing pin but nothing like that.

Here some pics of my blocking latch, in and out.

One thing Iím realizing with the extractor is Iím thinking if thatís the wrong one. I know thereís a full auto one and a semi auto version. Mine looks more like the full auto version because it doesnít have one of the corners cut. If this is the full auto version, would this contribute to my FTE issues?

+ Reply to Thread