UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uzi front handguard screws...

Uzi front handguard screws...

Apparently these are impossible to find right now. Anyone have a couple extra factory screws laying around that they don't need?

UZI Talk Life Member
    I have them.

Forend Screw
    Richard Hoffman
    Gunsmith/Owner

BWE Firearms & Parts
    Longwood, FL
    (407) 592-3975
    www.bwefirearms.com
    richard@bwefirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by BWE Firearms View Post
    I have them.

Forend Screw
    It showed as backordered when I was searching, thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Apparently these are impossible to find right now. Anyone have a couple extra factory screws laying around that they don't need?

Apex has the screw and nut in new condition for $8.50.

Hey BWE Firearms, have you had a chance to work up any of the semi-auto wood stock latches?

Quote Originally Posted by ScheistMeister View Post
    Apex has the screw and nut in new condition for $8.50.
    Just to note, Apex only has the GRIP screw and nut, they also have the HANDGUARD nut but no screws. BWE had the screws though and I got them quickly, Richard is always good to work with.

Interestingly enough, the model A rear sight screw is also the same as the front handguard screw so if you can't find one look for the other...

Not to be contrary but when I measured the rear sight screw, foregrip screws, and pistol grip screws they all are 5-40 machine screws with the foregrip screws about 1/8 inch longer than the other two with also a slighty thicker head. Thus the rear sight screw and pistol grip screws appear the same. These came off an IWI SMG demilled parts set. Anybody else with different info please let me know

The foregrip screws match the rear sight screw, the pistol grip screws are shorter and have a rounded head. I uploaded a picture, shadeone has posted about it on here before...

Top - Front Handguard
    Middle - Rear sight
    Bottom - Grip

Last edited by b_saan; 05-20-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks for the picture. I have another de-milled parts set that I will take apart to compare. May take a couple days but I will post a picture then. It is always possible that the machine screws got mixed around during as arsenal re-furbish

I believe you can get these screws from Home Depot or Lowes for couple bucks.

Maybe, but they wouldn't be parked. Either way I'd rather buy them from Richard as long as he has some in stock.

Here are the rear sight screws that came off of two different IWI de-milled parts sets. Looks like the one on the right matches the foregrip screw and the one on the left matches the pistol grip screw. Is one correct over the other or are both considered correct?
    I am curious as to why the nuts tighten up the more they are screwed down the threads? I am guessing they have a tapered thread. Also I have an exploded Uzi parts diagram that shows those same type of nuts coming in from the right side of the foregrip but my actual foregrip seems to have threaded brass inserts on the right foregrip. Does anyone know when that change came about?
    Attached Images  

Looked into it a little bit further... apparently the SMG rear sight screw could be either... (note: it's the Model A on top)

https://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/ABdiff.htm

Last edited by b_saan; 05-21-2021 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread