UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Semi auto build sear issue

Semi auto build sear issue

I'm completing a build for a semi auto that I have been working on and have encountered an issue with the sear; receiver is UC-9 and sear is courtesy of US barrel shrouds. The sear drops and resets with a trigger pull as intended. However, if you twist the grip frame CW while twisting the receiver CCW, the sear gets stuck in the depressed position. If you twist back, it will reset. Firing has been as issue as it will fire, eject and chamber in the next round. However, at times due to this issue (I presume due to recoil etc), it will not fire and requires to be cocked back in order to function. Anyone have an idea how to resolve this issue? I am not entirely certain, but is this a fit issue with my grip frame or my receiver? I posted on reddit recently, and here is the link of the video of the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Uzi_SMG/com...eb2x&context=3

UZI Talk Supporter
    Possibly hanging up on the underside of the feed ramp/restrictor ring?

How much wobble does your grip have in it? Are you getting a proper tight fit between the receiver and the top grip tabs that the receiver nests into?

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated! I am getting a slight side-to side wobble on the uzi (far less with this grip frame than a previous one). The issue only occurs twisting the receiver CCW and the grip frame CW--not the other way around. I've attached images of the receiver.
    Attached Images      

The sear is obviously rubbing on something when you torque the parts. Coat the sear with Dykem or magic marker and induce the malfunction multiple times. The area sticking should scrape off the marking compound. Relieve slightly where appropriate and the problem should disappear. Depending on surface finish Dyekem or magic marker may be hard to see, Prussian blue from the auto parts store or a very thin coat of lipstick will be more visible but thicker.

BTW, good choice with the green furniture! I love the way an UZI looks in green.

Thanks all, found out what the sear was rubbing against--left part of sear rubbing against lateral hole for the sear on the receiver. Dremmel'd a bit, and ran 100 rounds of 9 mm without any issues outside of my wallet crying

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    BTW, good choice with the green furniture! I love the way an UZI looks in green.
    Thanks man appreciate. It

+ Reply to Thread