UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the ATF approved method of destroying or surrendering a can to ATF?

What is the ATF approved method of destroying or surrendering a can to ATF?

I have an old generic maker MAC / UZI can that I no longer want or need. Moving to a C3 unfriendly location and wont be taking it since I cant possess it there and wont be buying another mac for it.

How do I destroy or surrender this thing legally and quickly?

Why not sell it, or give it away to somebody who's paying the transfer tax?

Dieter

yeah, that's what I would do, try to sell it locally, if you aren't moving in a few months.....unlike other used NFA weapons you will take a big hit selling a used silencer, they don't bring in the kind of money that a new one does.............. but at least you'll get something for it, rather then torch the tube into several different pieces and mangled, torch the baffles were they would be unrecognizable and useless pieces of small metal scraps, after you write the ATF NFA branch to take it off the registry

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny roastbeef View Post
    I have an old generic maker MAC / UZI can that I no longer want or need. Moving to a C3 unfriendly location and wont be taking it since I cant possess it there and wont be buying another mac for it.

How do I destroy or surrender this thing legally and quickly?
    Just post it for free to whoever will pay the tax in your state. It will go in 1 day if it's a functioning can. If it's really urgent, tell them they have to form 3 it to another dealer, not you. Otherwise make $50 or $100 for handling the transfer.

nfa for sale section

UZI Talk Supporter
    It may be worth more than you think......I was buying older 2-stage AWC and MAC/ Sionics cans when people were bitching about how worthless they were.......actually had 2 given to me

Old school "volume", recored with modern internals, makes for a lot of fun.....

Definitely don't destroy it.Someone will gladly take it for free or pay for it.

+ Reply to Thread