UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Talk me out of a M1919a4?

I have a customer who is ready to get rid of his DLO 1919 in a6 config. pm me an email or cell and i will try and get some pictures of what included. He is more of a gun hoarder than a shooter, so its probably never been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I had a 1919 and a Ma Deuce for a while, but over time it gets old dragging around the belt feed unit, bipod, ammo, and spare parts like a barrel and extractor to keep it going. I finally got rid of them for lighter weapons.
    This is a very good point and something I see as a drawback to FA in general. More rounds, more mags, more weight, and more setup and breakdown. Probably a great point for an RR M16, DIAS, or HK sear. Just pure convenience.

UZI Talk Life Member
    Imho, FA M2/M3, is in a totally different
    Category than other stuff mentioned - way heavier & it is
    essentially as close as you can get to a FA DD
    with “reasonable” Ammo cost

If you are only going to get one then get a DLO pack, you can eventually get into a host belt fed.

If you will eventually get both, then get the 1919 first. Deals can still be found, parts are readily available...in 10 years who knows but my bet is not very available.

Be warned, a 1919 is a weapons system. Its pretty easy to justify, 2 spare parts kits (2k each), a bunch of barrels ($500), bipods, tripods($500-1500 each), linker($300), belt loader($1000), cartridge conversions with extra barrels ($1000-1500) and I am sure I am missing a bunch of other stuff....

DLO trigger pack and host. about the same price but then box magazine fun.

I almost went the HK pack way... I bought a C&R 1919a4 Saginaw Gun.... glad I did. Itís alot to move and things to take but every part about doing that is awesome! I love the belt loader and cloth belts. Itís alot of fun and SO much MORE then another shoulder fired MG.

Matt

1919s are very interesting. Cartridge conversions are fun and you won't get bored getting them to function well and tinkering with them. Lots of good info to read and learn. I would not recommend a 1919 for the casual hobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by doc diel View Post
    If you are only going to get one then get a DLO pack, you can eventually get into a host belt fed.

If you will eventually get both, then get the 1919 first. Deals can still be found, parts are readily available...in 10 years who knows but my bet is not very available.

Be warned, a 1919 is a weapons system. Its pretty easy to justify, 2 spare parts kits (2k each), a bunch of barrels ($500), bipods, tripods($500-1500 each), linker($300), belt loader($1000), cartridge conversions with extra barrels ($1000-1500) and I am sure I am missing a bunch of other stuff....

DLO trigger pack and host. about the same price but then box magazine fun.
    The WWII Willy's Jeep and pedestal mount so you can play Rat Patrol? Got's to have the Jeep!

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    The WWII Willy's Jeep and pedestal mount so you can play Rat Patrol? Got's to have the Jeep!
    Did it.......to go full in it can lead down a somewhat expensive road but I like jeeps and love beltfeds. "mounts" can be pricey....in any form and theres lots of them to chooose from.

I am setting up the 72 blazer as a technical....

UZI Talk Life Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doc diel View Post
    I am setting up the 72 blazer as a technical....
    Get a ring mount and find a semi trashed top to mount it in./
    Unless your fully caged in the back ..then you can mount it off that.

+ Reply to Thread