UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vector Uzi SMG budges 9mm cases

Vector Uzi SMG budges 9mm cases

A member here @bartomark asked me to start this thread as he wasn’t able to get photos to post. He has issue with his Vector Uzi smg that they budge the back of the case on a semi regularly. He has tried multiple types of factory ammo and of course his reloads. He has tried multiple different barrels and bolt combination will minimal improvement (slight but not fixed). Plus he has had no luck find anyone with a similar problem. He will reply with any thoughts or questions. Thanks in advance!

Name:  C418E45A-2268-48FC-9E91-A14822EB3237.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  146.3 KB
    Last edited by pa123guns; 05-10-2021 at 10:24 PM.

UZI Talk Supporter
    It is obviously firing out of battery. I would check the head space for starters.

UZI Talk Supporter
    My first thought would have been a bit of brass in the chamber from a separated case...... but it's doing that with multiple barrels and bolts?

Something doesn't add up.

Maybe a pic of a factory loaded round in the chamber of one of his bbls. would help ....

UZI Talk Life Member

Possibly the front trunnion welds broke and it moved foward. A picture of the front of the receiver, where the barrel inserts, would help.

UZI Talk Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by cajun 22 View Post
    Possibly the front trunnion welds broke and it moved foward. A picture of the front of the receiver, where the barrel inserts, would help.
    Has it done it since new, and never addressed, or did it worsen over time, my vote is for the above, either front trunion welded in the wrong place or has broken loose and moved forward.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Not really sure when it started doing it. I don’t shoot it much. I will check it. Thanks

I checked the welds in the front trunnion and they look fine. I took some clay put it on the bolt and closed it to check headspace. Looks to be between .030 or .035. I took a Dremel and shortened the firing pin about.010. I ran two mags and the brass looks great and it ran great. No more bulging. Does anyone know what the headspace should be on an Uzi. Thanks for the help.

UZI Talk Supporter

Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by David Hineline View Post
    Great info. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread