UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: armorer's manual

armorer's manual

Does anyone know if English language FNC armorer's manuals exist? If so, what is or would be the average going price for one? Thanks for any info.

Why waltz when you can rock and roll?

I have seen the English (8.5x11"), blue "FNC CATALOG OF PARTS & ACCESSORIES MANUAL", with black plastic binding.

Tony

Think Paco has one but due to Belgian law can’t share it.

Correct,
    And also, with my job i can't be the guy that leaked that on the internet.
    I need to keep a good relation with FN Herstal.
    Still working on my FNC book. It seems to me the more i dig, the more i find on this great rifle.
    The English version is only published in very limited numbers. Even the Dutch/French manuals are hard to find. But the pictures tell it all.

Paco

Interesting, you check the extractor claw protrusion/tension with a specific diameter “pin gauge”. Is it a touch/feel method or is there a specific tension pull measurement taken to remove the pin gauge? Or does the pin gauge have a specific weight and the test is turn bolt with bolt face facing downward and if pin stays, tension is good?

Quote Originally Posted by dubagel View Post
    Think Paco has one but due to Belgian law can’t share it.
    Amazing, a rifle that has been discontinued and replaced and Belgium law says that you can't share it. LOL

Can’t wait for Paco’s FNC book. Think the FNC was very under rated and was more of victim of bad timing and had potential. Every time I play with a SCAR I’m like this thing is over rated and the plastic stock is junk.

Can’t wait for Paco’s FNC book. Think the FNC was very under rated and was more of victim of bad timing and had potential. Every time I play with a SCAR I’m like this thing is over rated and the plastic stock is junk.
    True on the scar and FNC.

Writing a book sucks since i find new stuff i didn't know every week since my new army job. But hey, i don't complain, all door go open this time.

Paco

I really think they could have easily upgraded the FNC with a few engineering changes reducing the unit costs and making a superior product with a few modern manufacturing techniques. Like change how mounting the barrel and head spacing along with the gas block. They were never thinking about replacing barrels, timing, head spacing and gas block installation. They figured once the rifle was built, you probably wouldn’t have to ever do it. And because of that, most bolts will not headspace between other rifles. You have to mount and headspace the barrel first, then drill a gas hole, then install gas/sight block. I think that was probably the biggest downside to the FNC, where as you can relatively easily change out an AR15 complete barrel/sight/gas block assembly, drop in a bolt carrier and headspace is usually good to go. I always wondered why they left the magazine release button unprotected from accidentally hitting it. The AR platform added the raised area “fence” many years ago.
    Last edited by dubagel; 05-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.

I really think they could have easily upgraded the FNC with a few engineering changes reducing the unit costs and making a superior product with a few modern manufacturing techniques. Like change how mounting the barrel and head spacing along with the gas block. They were never thinking about replacing barrels, timing, head spacing and gas block installation. They figured once the rifle was built, you probably wouldn’t have to ever do it. And because of that, most bolts will not headspace between other rifles. You have to mount and headspace the barrel first, then drill a gas hole, then install gas/sight block. I think that was probably the biggest downside to the FNC, where as you can relatively easily change out an AR15 complete barrel/sight/gas block assembly, drop in a bolt carrier and headspace is usually good to go. I always wondered why they left the magazine release button unprotected from accidentally hitting it. The AR platform added the raised area “fence” many years ago.
    Dont forget that bolt hold open device. I have a green FN made AK5 trial lower with a BHO installed.
    Still bizar why the Belgian Army didn't adapted it or swapped it in the service time as soon as a normal lower was worn out.

Paco

That’s just a manual BHO correct? Not a last round fired, empty magazine and bolt stays open by itself? Btw that super gloss green color is hideous lol. Looking at what IMI/IWI has done with resurrecting the old Galil series into the ACE family with some minor engineering and manufacturing changes, an updated FNC could definitely be a contender in new markets. Especially many that don’t want a SCAR or a G36 type. Especially for some of the Nordic countries.
    Last edited by dubagel; 05-23-2021 at 04:09 PM.

As close as the dimensions are the the FN CAL BHO it lacks the finger thouches the magfollower. Weird, it might work.

Indeed a manual BHO

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Amazing, a rifle that has been discontinued and replaced and Belgium law says that you can't share it. LOL
    Sounds a bit like the American ITAR controlled stuff.

Actually has more to do with the EU and UN anti gun agenda. ITAR has to do with exporting of US military equipment and technology on the USML US munitions list.

Actually has more to do with the EU and UN anti gun agenda.
    Oh trust me, those manuals are out there (wink-wink). Oh and screw the useless nations.

+ Reply to Thread