UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Herter's 9mm: sell of keep?

UZI Talk Supporter

Herter's 9mm: sell of keep?

i have a case of herter's that i'm trying to decide what to do with. i don't get to the range much anymore and ammo prices being what they are maybe i need to move it on. any ideas what would be a fair/price to move would be? can't seem to find anything on the inner webs as to what this stuff goes for. thanks.
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Life Member

List it locally for 65 cents each. Prepare to accept 60 cents.
    My name is actually Scott and I really do live in Texas.

I know, not very creative but it is factual.

By the way - Facebook is truly evil; resist the urge to participate.

UZI Talk Supporter
    9mm is down to .40 a shot for steel case, so you've missed the peak of that. Still, I sell any ammo I don't like or don't think is worth it. $400 sell in an hour, $450 sell in a few days, $500 prob sell in a week. All depends on your area too.

Most are aware of ammoseek now, and that's the market price people are judging based off of. My experience selling 15cases during the last bit of crazy prices was that you have to be less than someone can get it online for it to move, but being even 10% less it will move quickly.
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

.45, 380 are still at premium prices ($0.70) and if you had those that you could move in substitute that's something to consider.
    Last edited by Gaujo; 05-17-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Considering most stores will only sell one or two boxes at most, getting an entire case is worth a bit of a premium.

Keep it. Shoot it.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaujo View Post
    9mm is down to .40 a shot for steel case, so you've missed the peak of that. Still, I sell any ammo I don't like or don't think is worth it. $400 sell in an hour, $450 sell in a few days, $500 prob sell in a week. All depends on your area too.

Most are aware of ammoseek now, and that's the market price people are judging based off of. My experience selling 15cases during the last bit of crazy prices was that you have to be less than someone can get it online for it to move, but being even 10% less it will move quickly.
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

.45, 380 are still at premium prices ($0.70) and if you had those that you could move in substitute that's something to consider.
    Yeah, I missed the 'steel case' part. Probably 40 cents is right for my region for steel.

UZI Talk Supporter
    thanks for the info guys, i think i'll try and move it on my local gun forum here in panhandle florida so there's no shipping involved.

I paid .42 for win steel case a couple weeks ago so .40 sounds bout right.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Park out front of a shooting range with a small sign in your window. You will get top dollar right there and then. I see it daily at the range where I shoot.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
    Park out front of a shooting range with a small sign in your window. You will get top dollar right there and then. I see it daily at the range where I shoot.
    good idea!

Interesting comment about sitting in the parking lot. Around here the gunshops are stand alone and have their own parking lots. There is a high probability they owner would come out and run you off. I believe the longer you don't sell the ammo, the less valuable it will become. I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.

UZI Talk Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by bwnva View Post
    I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.
    My next range trip will include my neglected, underappreciated 4" GP100. I reload my 9mm but am still reluctant to blast 200+ rounds until primers become readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by bwnva View Post
    Interesting comment about sitting in the parking lot. Around here the gunshops are stand alone and have their own parking lots. There is a high probability they owner would come out and run you off. I believe the longer you don't sell the ammo, the less valuable it will become. I have pivoted away from 9mm and repeating. 22 rifles to bolt action. 22s and shotguns.
    Package it in 10 rd baggies and peddle it in front of the Quick Stop...
    Attached Images  

UZI Talk Supporter

Herters is pretty crappy ammo, I am not seeing where Brass Cased Herters is bringing $400/thousand on gun broker.
    Class 3 shooters blow thier loads faster and with only 1 pull of the trigger

Steel case Herters and it is a 900 round case, not 1000. Just keep it and blast it if you can find a range that lets you blast bi metal jacket ammo. That is what I would do.

+ Reply to Thread