UZI Talk Forums
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trigger Pack Issues

Trigger Pack Issues

Hello to all. New to the forum and to my Uzi.

I have a SA FULL size UZI converted to Full auto. Runs great no issues, but I bought a Hebrew trigger pack and noticed the hole for the hinge pin are 8mm while my receiver hole are 9mm. The trigger pack fits, but I notice the holes donít line up. Any idea of how to correct it? I stopped myself from drilling the lower to make it fit my 9mm receiver. Thanks for your help.

UZI Talk Supporter

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

If I'm not mistaken Rescueman's main concern is that the holes do not line up correctly. The bushing link seems to be a perfect solution for the different size hinge pin.

Weird that they do not line up and if someone has a fix. I'm curious to know if there is a difference between SMG Lowers or SA conversion to full Auto Lowers.

UZI Talk Supporter
    Is there a bolt safety in your lower? That would prevent it from seating correctly

No bolt safety!

UZI Talk Life Member

Use a 9mm drillbit.Drill one side,flip it over and drill the other side.Takes less than a minute.

Hi RSQman,

The sear in a F/A grip frame is larger than the S/A sear. The square "holes" that the sear goes through in the receiver must be enlarged about 0.030" forward for the F/A sear to fit. I normally do this on a mill as the feed ramp/restrictor ring gets machined away from the bottom also.

As for the pin, personally I use a reducer bushing that just drops into the receiver. The bushing has a shoulder so it is captive between the receiver lug and grip frame. The bushing can't get out. I only pull the grip off about every 10 years so it isn't a big deal.

Enjoy,

K2

Thank you for the info. Very helpful. I ordered the bushing and pin from Richard, at BWE and will make the modification shortly. My friend Jim, is an ASSHOLE, but every now and then he is helpful. Most likely he will see this post…!
    Last edited by Rescueman; 06-11-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Wink RSQ

Would you happen to know of anyone who is capable of milking this item. I live in South Florida. I donít want to have to wait for a 6 months turn around time, or longer. I do a lot of stuff, but I donít want to screw this up. Let me know. Thanks

K2 thank you for the info…!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Hi RSQman,
    The sear in a F/A grip frame is larger than the S/A sear. The square "holes" that the sear goes through in the receiver must be enlarged about 0.030" forward for the F/A sear to fit.
    K2
    K2, regarding the above. Is there a possibility since the S/A receiver was converted to F/A and now has a F/A grip lower that the "holes" in the S/A receiver haver already been enlarged?

If they are I wonder why Rescueman says that the Hinge Pin hole does not line up other than being a different size...

Hi Lungs,

Hard to say w/o photos and/or measurements. Most IMI RR conversions were initially done by modifying the S/A grip and (aside from the blocking bar removal) nothing else was changed on the receiver. To try to get the F/A sear through the square "holes" it will look like the pin needs to be moved.

BTW. My Bad. Just looked at an IMI receiver. The sear holes are moved toward the rear about .030. Part of the restrictor ring is cut-out from the bottom for sear clearance.

Enjoy,

K2

+ Reply to Thread