Search results

1. S

Registered sear breakage?

As the owner of a Fleming Model B Registered Sear conversion, I am given to wonder, have any of you actually known (first-hand) of a registered sear to break? The theoretical proposition of a sear breaking and being unrepairable without defacing the inscribed serial number marking is worrisome...
  2. S

Safe Deposit Box Storage?

Just wondering if anyone else stores their NFA weapon in a bank safe deposit box? I don't have a gun safe (I'm currently in an apartment), but have kept my Uzi and its suppressor in bank storage for years. Been years since I actually shot the thing - I view it purely as an asset/investment at...
  3. S

Stolen buttstock

I share this here, only because this is the only place in the world where anyone would care. In 2018, I had a bunch of firearms stolen from a climate controlled storage unit (it's a long story), but thankfully, my FA UZI was in a safe deposit box at the bank. However, one thing the thieves stole...
  4. S

Fleming Registered Sear gun and accoutrements value?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie (or haven't been around for a few years anyway). I have a Fleming sear gun I bought in 2008, for which I had made a nice walnut stock, bought a AWC suppressor and have basically had in a safe for the last 13 years. I had the gun appraised years ago for insurance...
  5. S

Alas, selling my Uzi ...

Gents, it's on a bittersweet note that I must announce I'm selling my FA Uzi Mod B Fleming conversion. I've been accepted to a graduate school back east that will cost me a small fortune and I just can't justify keeping a FA gun when there will be more pressing needs ... like food...
  6. S

How do I sell a class III inter-state?

Hi guys, I've got a full-auto (sear) UZI and suppressor that I want to sell on Gunbroker.com. It's my only full auto weapon and I'm not a dealer (I do have a C&R FFL though). I want to sell it on GB because I know I can get a better price person-to-person than I can selling it to a dealer...
  7. S

Couple of new guy questions ...

Gents, I understand Uzis like the hotter ammo. Unfortunately, I can't find any FMJ +P or +P+ ammo over the counter, everything seems to be hollowpoint. Will hollow points feed reliably in my FA Uzi? If so any recomendations on brand/grain? Also, will the +P or +P+ make my FA run faster...
  8. S

SMG Barrel Availability

I'd like to get a couple extra barrels for my FA carbine. It's a Model B conversion, so I'll need to mill down the breech end to fit the semi-auto feed ramp restrictor ring, but that's no big deal. But can you guys advise on where I might find some surplus or new SMG barrels? Thanks, DeWayne
  9. S

Good (and cheap) ammo?

Got my new FA Uzi all ready for the first trip to the range, but need to order some ammo. Believe it or not, in 20 years of gun collecting and shooting, I've never owned a 9mm of any sort! I understand the Uzis like hot ammo. Can you guys recommend a cheap but reliable off the shelf round I...
  10. S

Hebrew Lowers?

How rare or hard to come by are Hebrew lowers for a full size Uzi carbine? Anyone know how I could get my hands on one? Thanks, Nemo
  11. S

Mec-Gar 40 rounders?

I read in the Library section where the Mec-Gar 40 round magazines were the only reliable 40-rounders. I can't seem to find one anywhere though ... anyone got any suggestions? Thanks, DeWayne
  12. S

Got my new FA Uzi today!

After a long wait for the federal gov't to give me their blessing, I finally received my IMI Model B as converted to full auto by Fleming Conversions. It's supposed to be new in the box, and I can't find any reason to argue with that. I quickly dismantled the fold-out stock and replaced it...
  13. S

Dan Block's nice UZI stocks

Just wanted to post a note letting you know of a great source of new UZI wood. I got Dan Block's contact info off this board. He primarily makes Thompson Submachine Gun stocks, but based on a pattern you send him (any old UZI stock), he'll make you a nice stock out of as fancy a wood as you...
  14. S

Remarking?

Gents, I've got a full-auto Uzi en route, a Fleming conversion of a Model B semi-auto. However, I believe it still has the semi-auto nomenclature on the receiver (I understand Fleming had two 'grades' of conversion and at the lower grade, markings weren't redone.) Is there anyone out there...
  15. S

.45 conversions - how are they?

I've not yet taken ownership of the Uzi I'm purchasing, but am very interested in also getting a .45 ACP conversion for the gun. How are the .45 conversions? Are they as reliable as the 9mm? Are there any peculiarities or issues with these conversions - any problems that are frequently...
  16. S

Vector mags - recomendations?

Gents, I've got my first Uzi on the way - a full auto Fleming conversion of an IMI. I'd like to stock up on magazines and notice Vector has everything from 25 - 40 round mags by various manufacturers. Are the 40 round Argentine magazines (new) as reliable as the 25 or 32 round mags? Thanks...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter