Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

mike

UZI Talk Life Member
If any of you guys ever tried one of these, and had luck with it? All the YouTube videos, I watched they jam all the time? I’ve seen only one YouTube video where a guy made it through all the way with 100 rounds. I hate to spend the money on one having to play the send it back game.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9

Hiller

I never tried one. Anyone I know that tried one said they sucked. I have a drum for lots of my other weapons. Tommy gun, ak47,ar15, ect....
I like drums. But not that drum for the uzi. My one requirement for a drum is that it works all the time or forget it. I looked into buying a drum for the uzi for fun and the guys I knew that tried them said "don't get one, they don't work consistently", so I've always stuck with the 25/32 round stick mags and I've never been sorry. My .02.

Hiller........................

SecondAmend

No personal experience, but IIRC, it has been reported that for the 9mm version (of the Beta drum), copious graphite powder lubricant proves useful, at least some of the time.

Garrett

I have two of them. I don’t use them much because they are so clunky and unwieldy. But they do work. I use a Lula loader and give it a squirt of graphite every 15-20 rounds as I’m loading.

Good enough for first place in Unlimited at the Creek in 2015.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Nice run Garret.

So what the 1st drum do for you to thow it down like it pissed you off?
Or was just honest in a hurry off the the next stage & reload?

SecondAmend

You would be better off with one of the Vector or C&S metal drums they do work. Beta mag is hit and miss for sure
Yeah, I've somehow ended up with a couple Vector drums and both have always been 100%. I think part of the success is that their base drum is the Suomi drum, which works well as a standalone product.
MHO, YMMV, etc.

Garrett

Nice run Garret.

So what the 1st drum do for you to thow it down like it pissed you off?
Or was just honest in a hurry off the the next stage & reload?
Just a speed reload with an awkward drum.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I was waiting for Garrett to reply. :)

I don't have an Uzi but I made 2 - 9mm for the Stemple and 2- 5.56 for the Max-11a1/15. As long as there is a SMG or MG that runs at under 800 RPM and you use a lot of graphite, They run pretty well.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter