Best Jacket/Coat for Conceal Carry Uzi Pistol

GLADIAT0R

Greetings,

This is my first post here. I just picked up an Uzi Pistol. I have other pistols as my conceal carry but I still want to have the ability to take my Uzi out. I had it the other day under my leather jacket and it was a bit blocky.

Just wondering if anyone here recommends a nice comfortable rain coat/trench coat or something to carry the Uzi Pistol with a DiSantis shouler rig (or other holsters if you have one to recommend).

Thank you all.

ddmau

Welcome to Uzi talk. The Micro & Mini pistols are always going to be difficult to conceal, and probably not the best choice for concealed carry for a number of reasons. Beyond just the bulk & weight, you would be a Prosecutor's wet-dream if you ever had to use it in a "real" scenario .... between the DA & the Media, you'd be dead meat. Not fair, but just reality....

That being said, both Galco & Desantis make/have made shoulder rigs that attach to the grip pin & hang under your shoulder. If you wear a large WWII "Bomber" jacket, or something similar, it will do a fair job of concealing it.

I could never get away with that down here in Florida, for obvious reasons,nor would I want to carry something that large & heavy. My choice is either a Kahr P-40 or Ruger LC9 with spare mags in a Thunderwear rig (I ALWAYS carry daily).....I can go anywhere in a t-shirt & shorts & be comfortable & fully concealed. Works for me....

JMHO Have fun.....

GLADIAT0R

Welcome to Uzi talk. The Micro & Mini pistols are always going to be difficult to conceal, and probably not the best choice for concealed carry for a number of reasons. Beyond just the bulk & weight, you would be a Prosecutor's wet-dream if you ever had to use it in a "real" scenario .... between the DA & the Media, you'd be dead meat. Not fair, but just reality....

That being said, both Galco & Desantis make/have made shoulder rigs that attach to the grip pin & hang under your shoulder. If you wear a large WWII "Bomber" jacket, or something similar, it will do a fair job of concealing it.

I could never get away with that down here in Florida, for obvious reasons,nor would I want to carry something that large & heavy. My choice is either a Kahr P-40 or Ruger LC9 with spare mags in a Thunderwear rig (I ALWAYS carry daily).....I can go anywhere in a t-shirt & shorts & be comfortable & fully concealed. Works for me....

JMHO Have fun.....

Thanks brother. You are absolutely right about the media buzz I would get from having an Uzi. Even if it is listed on my permit for concealed carry, I would probably make CNN headlines lol.

I have a lightweight .357 revolver and a springfield xdm .45 for conceal but I just wanted to have the option to carry the uzi pistol (not that I really ever would). I have the desantis rig on order and am just waiting to get it. I tried to keep it clipped to my belt outside the waist and it was really difficult as you could imagine lol. Thanks for the advice.

badboy0757

If your state has open carry. I'd just say screw it and holster it on your hip. Nobodies gonna mess with you if they see that riding on your hip.:)

Tetryl

Uzi Concealed Carry

I use a black Safari type jacket often referred to as a Photographer's vest. Use black as it allows the Uzi to blend in with the jacket.

Lots of pockets too.

I also use an SAS type shoulder holster and a short 25 round magazine so it doesn't protrude from the back area. I strongly suggest you use the military rigger's belt around the waist with a kydex or polyurethane insert to assist in supporting this heavy of a weapon - keep in mind that the riggers belt come in different widths for pants with small or wide belt loops. Belt can also be called an instructors gun belt.

Try Blackhawk.com

The area opposite of the weapons side often carries two magazine pouches. Good set up but bulky and only if the threat level requires it - other wise a nice comfortable TZ or CZ-75 works just as good.

Tetryl

xichlo

Is this going to be your primary carry firearm? In most self defence situations it would probably put you at a disadvantage unless you really need the fire power. Now if I had the local biker gang or crips next door, maybe, but I would still have a HG as my primary as it would probably conceal better and be quicker to get into action the a Micro Uzi, even with a shorter mag, as it is a bulky firearm and would be difficult to draw quickly from a well concealed spot.

GLADIAT0R

I use a black Safari type jacket often referred to as a Photographer's vest. Use black as it allows the Uzi to blend in with the jacket.

Lots of pockets too.

I also use an SAS type shoulder holster and a short 25 round magazine so it doesn't protrude from the back area. I strongly suggest you use the military rigger's belt around the waist with a kydex or polyurethane insert to assist in supporting this heavy of a weapon - keep in mind that the riggers belt come in different widths for pants with small or wide belt loops. Belt can also be called an instructors gun belt.

Try Blackhawk.com

The area opposite of the weapons side often carries two magazine pouches. Good set up but bulky and only if the threat level requires it - other wise a nice comfortable TZ or CZ-75 works just as good.

Tetryl

Excellent info! I will look into everything. I appreciate the time you took out to answer the question.

Is this going to be your primary carry firearm? In most self defence situations it would probably put you at a disadvantage unless you really need the fire power. Now if I had the local biker gang or crips next door, maybe, but I would still have a HG as my primary as it would probably conceal better and be quicker to get into action the a Micro Uzi, even with a shorter mag, as it is a bulky firearm and would be difficult to draw quickly from a well concealed spot.

No, it's way too big and bulky to be my primary carry. Plus like stated before, it could become a big media mess if I ever had to use it, just because it is an Uzi and that screams out that I'm a trigger happy lunatic or so the majority would think. I use an XDM .45 and a S&W Titanium .357 as my primary carry. I just have the Uzi on my permit and would want an option to carry it just because I can. Even if I were carrying the Uzi, I would have another pistol on me that I would use first.

Rich2250

I find the ralph lauren windbreaker to be generously sized and forgiving whenever I'm rolling with a full load out (mp5, 2 mags, surefire, restraints etc..) But a well tailored norfolk jacket or car coat would definitely be an option for added coverage below the belt line.

I like it more bag Holster.The shoulder sized handle can easily adjusted and easy to back up. It is hard tell the contents brought after you wear a coat, stealth and anti-theft feature. The back material is a breathable mesh, do not worry about the back will be hot for a long time.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
for a defense situation why would an Uzi be better than a Glock 19 ? or whatever your CCW gun is?

your not going to use 32 shots unless you miss 31 times...

its a range toy, not a carry gun...sorry :)

Ezixo

Im wildly sorry that I resurrected an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it, but I would avoid using any internal gun pockets, or purchasing jackets with them as a feature.

All that I have ever tried will make the jacket sag appreciably, even with the lightweight micro .380s that weigh in the 10-13 oz. range. Not to mention poor retention and positioning of the gun in the pocket or "pocket holster".

I simply use any jacket or vest that I own as a cover garment. They will all work for IWB carry, may need a little longer (what we call "barn/chore jackets") for OWB, or consider a high-ride holster like the Sparks TK-1; obviously, a shorter slide can be concealed easier, with a shorter jacket, OWB than a full size service model.
our main choice is between "jacket you intend to wear all the time" and "jacket you will take off indoors." When it's below zero outside and 80F indoors, the parka or flight jacket has to come off, which makes it useless for concealment.

While they're not particularly fashionable in most places nowadays, the old-school "spors coat" https://secretstorages.com/best-concealed-carry-jacket/ is cut loose, normally has a single button which need not always be done up, and is generally very light weight, intended to be worn indoors or in hot weather as part of "a suit of clothes." You're supposed to wear a proper "overcoat" over a suit; those tend to be cut fairly long.

Sartorially, a sports coat is worn with a button-up shirt and no tie; a turtleneck is acceptable. Designer T-shirts are considered tacky. Sports coats are "singles" and don't have to match the pants, unlike a suit.

Of course, people might think you're a doorman or a wino if you go about wearing one, but your gun will be acceptably concealed.There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube. I'll leave one here for general information, I hope this helps someone

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter