BEST suppressed pistol design?

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
What about just holding your thumb over the slide plate when shooting a glock 19 suppressed?

Slowmo

It would be clunky, but a strap that goes over the front of the trigger guard and then around the back of the slide that has just enough slack or minimal stretch to be slipped on and off might do the trick for a Glock or similar gun with a flat slide rear.

Slowmo

Or just thinking out loud, maybe you could have a hinged mechanism that hooks to the rail with some kind of bail loop that hinges up and down behind the slide.

slimshady

The Glock uses the classic Browning tilting bbl design. Add a long heavy suppressor to the end of the bbl and now you essentially have a teeter totter with one side longer than the other with a fat kid sitting on it. Why you need a Nielson device to make it cycle, and Glocks are iffy with the heavier units. Leave it off, the slide moves a bit but the bbl doesn't unlock. If necessary, you could notch the chamber in the ejection port for a lock, hinged bar you squeeze against the slide to unlock.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Or just thinking out loud, maybe you could have a hinged mechanism that hooks to the rail with some kind of bail loop that hinges up and down behind the slide.
That's not a bad idea. A teeter totter lever that the shooting hand thumb or support hand thumb holds down on the left of the frame and the rear pops up to lock the slide travel until released.

Garrett

Hi All,

No magazine. Quiet. Accurate. Any caliber.

Thompson Center Contender pistol.

Enjoy,

K2
One of my favorites.

Also, there is a mod for the Beretta Bobcat / Tomcat series where you can turn the safety lever into a slide lock. But lacking an extractor, the empty shell can become difficult to remove once the chamber gets dirty.

Q6XCBKnh.jpg

Slowmo

One of my favorites.

Also, there is a mod for the Beretta Bobcat / Tomcat series where you can turn the safety lever into a slide lock. But lacking an extractor, the empty shell can become difficult to remove once the chamber gets dirty.

Q6XCBKnh.jpg
What caliber for the big guy?

atfsux

Shockwave Technologies was considering it but nothing ever came of it.

View attachment 39822
Safari Arms did something like this back in the 80's for the 1911. They called it the "Survivor" carbine kit. It was an unregulated upper that bolted on in place of the slide and barrel assembly. It was a manual straight-pull that fed from the magazine. The T-handle bolt would be pushed through to the other side of the upper receiver to engage a hole, and this was how the bolt locked. To cycle, pull outward on the T-handle to unlock, then pull rearward to eject the spent case, then push forward to feed a new round, then push inward to lock the bolt.

The kit disassembled with the stock and barrel detaching and all fitting into a nice compact stowable package. Unfortunately, Safari Arms must have made only a dozen or so, because I have been hunting high and low for one of these since the 90s and have come up snake eyes. If I were a machinist, I'd love to rip off this idea (perhaps the patent is dead by now?) and duplicate it and market it. I just think it is 7 kinds of cool.

Safari Arms Survivor 2.jpgSafari Arms Survivor 1.jpg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter