Carry holster ?

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi guys,
I have been carrying a Sig P365 in a kydex IWB holster. On two occasions as i got up from sitting it has fallen off of me. Not to mention the embarrassment but why? It clips on to the belt. I recently got a new belt that is slightly thicker than other belts. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I like being able to put it on and take it off easily.

Kevin

Starvingboy

... nothing helpful. My carry is a .25 seecamp that slips into my pocket. For me, anything else just seems to get in the way, but I suspect I am the exception. I will say: You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to holsters.

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
My Sig 938 came with a Paddle Holster which I like Paddles, but the gun falls out, the holster falls off my belt. I have used Fobus paddle holsters for years, they never fail me.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
If you are going to carry a pistol, a stable platform is a must. Get a good belt, El Paso Saddlery and Milt Sparks make good belts. The wilderness belts are good too. Comptac, milt sparks and davis all make good holsters. Get a belt that fits your belt loops. The bigger the better. If your belt loops are 1.75 then get a 1.75" belt, same goes for the holster. Dont go full dumb ass and put a 1.75" holster on a 1.5" belt or a 1.5" belt through 1.75" belt loops:). Stay away from clips and paddles IMHO. They give a false sense of security. Most makers will offer snap loops that go over your belt and they are very secure and are easy to get off. I've done everything from skydive to horseback with a good holster and never came close to losing a pistol. A helpful trick is to put on your rig and lay on your back and then roll head over heals forward and then do it backwards. If your pistol stays secured then you are good. Just so I am clear, I am talking about open top holsters without thumb breaks, straps, etc.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
I have a alien gear IWB holster for both a ec9s and walther creed. Works good on both. Never had a accident. As i am a mechanic that is impractical for every day wear, so I use a tagua leather ankle holster with the ruger. Dont work with jeans but works quite well with cargos. Hands down the most comfortable, best retention and cheapest holster is to use vet wrap... properly done that stuff is awesome!

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Ericthered, i believe my problem is the clip on the holster is almost the same size as the belt and your holster moves around a little when you sit, get up etc. will get it figured out.

Kevin

And thanks everyone else for your comments. Stay safe and healthy.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
If you are going to carry a pistol, a stable platform is a must. Get a good belt, El Paso Saddlery and Milt Sparks make good belts. The wilderness belts are good too. Comptac, milt sparks and davis all make good holsters. Get a belt that fits your belt loops. The bigger the better. If your belt loops are 1.75 then get a 1.75" belt, same goes for the holster. Dont go full dumb ass and put a 1.75" holster on a 1.5" belt or a 1.5" belt through 1.75" belt loops:). Stay away from clips and paddles IMHO. They give a false sense of security. Most makers will offer snap loops that go over your belt and they are very secure and are easy to get off. I've done everything from skydive to horseback with a good holster and never came close to losing a pistol. A helpful trick is to put on your rig and lay on your back and then roll head over heals forward and then do it backwards. If your pistol stays secured then you are good. Just so I am clear, I am talking about open top holsters without thumb breaks, straps, etc.

This! Proper fit is EVERYTHING; don't buy a "1 size fits all" holster.

Starvingboy

I'll second this. Holsters specifically made for a firearm are in a entire other class to generic ones. I tried a LOT of options for discrete carry while jogging, none of the usual options worked worth a darn. Fitted holster did the trick.

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
I'll second this. Holsters specifically made for a firearm are in a entire other class to generic ones. I tried a LOT of options for discrete carry while jogging, none of the usual options worked worth a darn. Fitted holster did the trick.

Thanks guys. This is a Sig holster for the P365.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I've tried several Paddle/Clip-On Holsters (mostly as a LEO), and I never was satisfied with them. I made several IWB Holsters, based on the Milt Sparks "Summer Special", both for myself and other people, and some are seeing daily use today, almost 20 years later, both on and off "the job". They all were/are Platform specific, heavily molded, and feature "mouth" reinforcements and belt loops with snaps (which go around the belt loops on the pants, keeping the holster in its proper location) while allowing a simple movement to unfasten the holster. I also designed an "Extreme Duty" Holster that has 11 separate motions to release the Pistol in less than 1.5 seconds, which has been proven to survive all conditions (including Car Crashes, Rappelling, Skydiving, Spelunking, and Underwater Operation) that only fail if all 11 movements are not performed in addition to loss of the belt, but since that design is Patent Pending, I won't get into the details.

ETA: Maybe Patent Pending isn't the correct terminology; I applied for a Patent, but haven't heard back yet.

Last edited:

xdamagedx

I 100% agree with a good belt first.
Next: I'm the idiot who wants to carry (almost) the biggest most cartoonishly ridiculous pistol available... because I can.
I was limited on choices so I went with http://neptuneconcealment.com because they had what i needed. I also broke the holster and he replaced it without question.
I've also been a fan of Crossbreed for more regular carry choices. Again: being hard on gear Ive broken one and they replaced with no issue.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I carried a 1911 in a Fobus for a long time; one day, my brother and I were carrying a recliner into my house and I stepped into a hole our dog had dug in the yard. The pistol wound up on the ground, pointed at my head!
Nonetheless, I still have a few Fobus holsters, and use them regularly around the property.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter