CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
P

Puhleaze post pictures! I would buy a gold one just because. Does the full size hit softer because it's using a floating firing pin?
No, the full size bolt moves much slower. It's like driving a full size pickup into a wall at 5 MPH VS driving a compact pickup into a wall at 30 MPH. Even though the compact pickup is smaller the higher velocity will damage the wall and the pickup more. Those examples aren't exact in relation to the accrual bolt speeds and mass but the science is the same.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
😂 I was kidding some. It is amazing how much the bolts are going for. However it will be awesome to get our bolts running!
I'm a ready and waiting customer. Let me know if you need a tester I've got a range, mac's and ammo to burn.

Ericoak

My buddy just posted his on gunbroker.

Auction starting at $2,400, here is everyone's chance to get one.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
My buddy just posted his on gunbroker.

Auction starting at $2,400, here is everyone's chance to get one.
These pop up on a semi-regular basis on GB, once every few months. He may have more luck with a BIN or a lower starting bid with a reserve, but these things sell themselves… so it shouldn’t matter much.

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
These pop up on a semi-regular basis on GB, once every few months. He may have more luck with a BIN or a lower starting bid with a reserve, but these things sell themselves… so it shouldn’t matter much.
I don't have a reserve on this auction so we'll see what happens. Someone might get it for $2,400 with free shipping. That was just a lower number that I picked based on the other 3 currently up for sale on GB. ($3K, 3.5K & 3.9K) I'd rather see this CF-W Bolt being used and enjoyed by someone than having it sit idle on my workbench.

ktk120

There was only a couple people willing to spend these silly amounts on these things and that's over. Yall argued with me about it last time i said that lol. Once someone makes another run of these they all go back to 75% of that price so get them sold while you can.. Meanwhile us poor mg owners will have to just wait it out till the greed settles down

Slowmo

There was only a couple people willing to spend these silly amounts on these things and that's over. Yall argued with me about it last time i said that lol. Once someone makes another run of these they all go back to 75% of that price so get them sold while you can.. Meanwhile us poor mg owners will have to just wait it out till the greed settles down
That isn’t what you said before. You claimed few would pay much more than they originally cost. A few bolts sitting on GB at a multiple of around 3-5X of the original price doesn’t prove your point.

ktk120

That isn’t what you said before. You claimed few would pay much more than they originally cost. A few bolts sitting on GB at a multiple of around 3-5X of the original price doesn’t prove your point.
I stand by that. They were what 800 new? I think 1200-1500 they sell. I think much more than that they dont. Once someone eventually is able to make more they will sell for 75% of the cost of the new ones.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
The CFW bolts will still sell for 2-2500 on GB. I think it’s safe to say I do my fair share of gunbrokering, I can guarantee that if I listed a CFW bolt with a reserve of 2k with a 14 day duration, ending on a Sunday at 8pm, it’s selling the first go around. With a 2400 BIN it would likely sell in less than one week. I just watched someone sell an M11/9 mp5k grip for 800 at auction on Sunday night, started at .99, and then I sold one to the runner-up of that auction for 700… I’ll be damned if someone won’t pay 2k for a CFW.

That said, i would never list it if there were any others listed at all. They don’t come up so often that it’s unavoidable. I’d wait until a good 2 months passes without any CFWs before listing one. When something sells for a stupidly high price everyone tries to jump on the bandwagon, the market gets flooded with said item, and then within a few weeks you can’t even give one away. Take the $4500 Fleming 22 kits last year for example. Now I was lucky to get 1850 for one on GB a week or so ago.

It helps when someone else has one listed for a very high price, but when there’s 3 others, well that just makes the market look saturated, and those exorbitantly priced listings will just sit there forever. I’d wait a while before listing one personally, when it becomes “scarce” again. That’s when you get 2 guys with more dollars than sense fighting over it and spending a lot more than they should have.

Last edited:

Devilmoon

I don't have a reserve on this auction so we'll see what happens. Someone might get it for $2,400 with free shipping. That was just a lower number that I picked based on the other 3 currently up for sale on GB. ($3K, 3.5K & 3.9K) I'd rather see this CF-W Bolt being used and enjoyed by someone than having it sit idle on my workbench.
Shouldn’t be a problem mine just sold for $2900

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. It is my understanding that the price of tungsten has significantly increased since the last time Tom had a batch made. The original price was $750 each plus shipping. I would think that with current tungsten prices, that price would be selling at a loss. Will someone start making these again? Maybe, but that is a lot of cash to have them sit on the shelf. The manufacturer needs a certain volume of units, to even bother with. Once the market is saturated, Tom was only selling one or two bolts per month. Nobody wants to front the money, so the manufacturer has to.

To me the term "poor machinegun owner" sounds as rational as "poor Rolex owner". Unless you got a heck of a deal 20 years ago on your Mac style RR, you spent $3,000, $5,000, or $8,000 on a (toy) firearm that can burn through a thousand or two rounds of ammunition in an hour or two. Just that amount of ammunition today would be more than a minimum wage worker would get for a week's pay. So unless you bought your machinegun a generation ago and you never shoot it, I find it hard to believe that a machinegun owner would be living at or below the poverty line. To me these are toys that I am fortunate enough to own and shoot. If a machinegun is something that you have chosen to buy, please don't insult my intelligence by "crying" about being poor. YMMV.

Scott

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
The only problem with your theory is inflation and continued user experience since the last bolts production. The M-11/9 is actually a pretty usable platform with a CF-W bolt and a telephone booth gun without it. I wouldn't want the gun without a bolt. I had a company contact me and offer to preorder/prepay for 50 Gen2 bolts @ $1,400 each two months ago. I don't think that wholesale price is unrealistic and possibly not enough if the manufacture cost are higher. They want them for long term investment and plan on selling them on Gun Broker. That could easily put the retail price twice that. The value of a CF-W bolt like the M-11/9 is increasing and you may not like it or agree with it but it doesn't make it not. When I bought my M-11/9 for $285 in 1990 I never predicted the price they sell for today. Tom Wright always said the time to buy is in the good times and these are the good times. ;)

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
Please keep your offensive, heretical statements to yourself. What are you, anyway? A closeted Uzi lover?
Bwahahahahahaha!

Well, before the CF-W bolt, The UZI SMG I paid $750 for in 1989 was my favorite sub gun. ;)

mwarnick1

I had a company contact me and offer to preorder/prepay for 50 Gen2 bolts @ $1,400 each two months ago.

Thanks for sharing that interesting info. I assume the deal didn’t work? Why not? Just curious as that math seems like it should be worth the effort

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
If you ever think something is expensive, like I thought the CFWa bolt was when I plunked down for the first batch of them, imagine not having it and never being able to get it. It's real simple. When I buy a transferable, I ask myself the question: if the law changed and I could never sell this gun is it worth this to me? If yes I buy it, if no I don't.

This mental exercise also helps me. If there were $750 and a CFWa bolt on the table and I could only take one, which would I take? Everybody would take the CFWa bolt now, but they didn't make the same choice when they were readily available. Does that change at $3000? For me I think it does, but the lesson here is not to assess if something is expensive, feels expensive, or sounds expensive, but to determine what it's worth to you.

We are also seeing just classic Endowment Effect in the market for this good. They are not available at retail anymore and everyone that owns one has some emotional attachment at this point and they price that in. Thus everyone thinks his or hers is worth at least 2x what they paid for it. Why? Are they tracking tungsten prices or something? No, it's just how we feel. Many of the same people who today wouldn't dare part with their beloved CFW bolt for a penny less than $2000 would be happy to sell it to you for $700 if they were readily available at retail for $750 again. Why? Because they could always get another one.

Never forget you're brain is wired to be more focused on loss avoidance than realizing profits. How many of us have a basement full of ammo or primers because we experienced previous loss (ammo shortages) and stocked up? Lots of us. But how many sold any of that a few years ago when prices peaked?

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter