Finding an SMG spec 45acp Uzi bolt

GreaseGunner

I recently got in an IMI Model B transferable Uzi and I’m now in the slow process of buying some extras for it and one thing I want (just because) is a 45 conversion kit for it. Since my gun was a semi to full conversion (blocking bar removed) I have no issues with using a semi auto spec barrel, I’m fine with using the original IMI 45 Uzi mags but finding an SMG spec bolt seems to be the hard part. I don’t want to reverse engineer anything, but would rather just find a 45 bolt that’s laying around or see if someone has one I can blueprint any possibly modify a 9mm to work?

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I got mine from Troy/barrelxchange. Check with him to see if he’s doing another run anytime soon.
Yeah...just did a run a few months ago. I can't remember if he did them all that way but I know the one I got is clearanced for the semi auto barrel restrictor ring even though my IMI guns are now full SMG spec.

Regarding making a 9mm bolt a .45 bolt, I have a picture of a bolt that Vector did back in 2005. They told me they had build a weld up where it strips the round the whole length is how they did it. Seems like a lot of work. So not as simple as just increasing the bolt face.

GreaseGunner

I figured it was more than just opening the bolt face but that’s what I wanted to have them side by side to compare and measure

ktk120

Troy told me that when he first looked at this they looked at opening up a 9mm and it didn't work reliably and that's what led him to making runs of 45 only bolts. But that said I'm sure you could figure out how to make a 9mm bolt work

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Where are you located? I have a 45 bolt. I'm not interested is selling, but if you are close you can take all the measurements you want.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter