FNC Sear Swap Hosts?

Chisel

Can you use the S&H FNC sear like a HK trigger pack sear?

If the Pindad FNCs get imported, can you just swap the lower with the sear in it with the different serialized uppers? From shot show videos they are planning to offer pistol versions in different barrel lengths and possibly a rifle.

paco

I don't believe in the Pindad story...
Once a MG, alway an MG

Paco

SmittyS101

I don't see why not. From my understanding the ATF classify the FNC's lower as nothing but a trigger assembly that houses the sear. The sear itself is registered as the "machinegun". They allow it for HK hosts, I imagine it would be the same. If they do get imported, I would recommend inquiring the ATF about it, since who knows what the ATF will rule.

JoshNC

Assuming there is not a denial feature in the upper, I don’t see why it wouldn’t mechanically work.

Davises

I think the bolt carrier would need to be milled to trip the sear…should work fine then…or Swap the bolt carrier…but I assume not the bolt as there could be headspace issues? I have a spare semi…and surprisingly I’ve never thought about trying this until now. I’m kind of tempted.

SmittyS101

I think the bolt carrier would need to be milled to trip the sear…should work fine then…or Swap the bolt carrier…but I assume not the bolt as there could be headspace issues? I have a spare semi…and surprisingly I’ve never thought about trying this until now. I’m kind of tempted.
You can absolutely swap uppers with a lower that has a sear with no issues. No milling is required for the upper.

Kramer

The only issue with a FNC sear was installing it in a SCAR which is verboten.

Rally

You can absolutely swap uppers with a lower that has a sear with no issues. No milling is required for the upper.
I’m hoping this works out and Pindad doesn’t stray too far from the TDP to make it incompatible. It would be nice to have options and have people make accessories for them.

sweersa

Didn’t the semi auto FNCs converted to auto in the states require a sear trip welded onto the carrier and shaped to trip the sear? If so, I believe that is what he was referring to.

SmittyS101

Didn’t the semi auto FNCs converted to auto in the states require a sear trip welded onto the carrier and shaped to trip the sear? If so, I believe that is what he was referring to.
I do not believe so. My F/A S&H sear does not have a modified carrier and I can swap the upper with my Title 1 FNC with no issues.

deadduck

-Lowers are modified to accept the sear.
-Bolt carriers are modified to trip the sear.
-Bolts are untouched.
-Uppers are untouched.

What am I missing?
(besides more ammo)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter