Grease gun .45 lower owners sound off

Oblofusc

I have the barrel, bolt, & mags, and am waiting on a Chris Humphreys GG lower.

Can't wait to shoot it. Don't know what to expect. Comments etc. appreciated.

Destiny

I have one from Chris

I have one from Chris and it works fine...

Still waiting to hit the range with my mini .45 Bolt and Mini .45 Barrel.

Destiny

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
I have one of Chris' lowers. Works great on my Vector full size.

UZI SBR AWC

Humphrey here, he had 1 done, so I traded my parts kit lower to him and cash..

Lowers used were all from kits, and they have the "old" style parts in them, the wire to the disconect kept popping off, trigger would not rest, so I ordered late model parts from Vector to make similar as my IMI "B" group..

Watch when you work with yours, that the selector does not detent positively, as the metal piece he had stamped extends over the notch in the selector bar, so the selector does not lock well. Repair would be to remove some material from the metal nose so it not ride over the notch on the selector bar.

Other than that little quirk, mine been fine.

BeachinBeemer

UZI Talk Life Member
Have a vector lower that they fit to my f/a ERB conversion. Troy's bolt-works like a champ, gg mags are hard to load-get a loader-Beemer:biker

Toondaddy

I also have a Humphreys GG conversion it works great. I bought one of the IMI 45 marked receivers and built it up with my 45 conversion kit that I had for my 9mm (I hated to see a bolt and barrel just sit in a box when it wasn't in my nine so I got it a home in a new IMI receiver) With the conversion kit, receiver and gg lower all it took was a few small parts from a FA parts kit to complete the gun. My brother in law just got a Vector from Atlantic Firearms with the Vector GG lower he had a minor problem with it but vector fixed it.

firefighter

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got a Vector GG lower on my semi auto full size.
Had to do just a bit of grinding on the receiver to get unmodified GG mags to fully insert, but not a big deal.
I'm happy with it, and it works perfectly.

Fr8 Dawg

Registered Grinch
buckaroo1236 said:
I HAVE ONE OF CHRIS LOWERS, IT RUNS FLAWLESS. GG MAGS ARE HARD TO LOAD WITH OUT A LOADER

Yea, you have to have a loader or you wind up loading very carefully with a screwdriver or something similar.

The only warning I have about the grease gun lowers is that you should keep in mind that you lose the grip safety that you had with your original lower.

For most of us hobby lobbers, that is not much of a problem, but if you're looking at carrying the UZI in any kind of loaded condition for whatever reason, you might want to give that a long thought. FWIW.

azfnc

i have or had a vector, it is back to vector for second time, mags will not fit in with lower attatched to my fa imi with out serious grinding. way to much grinding in my opinion. i dont want to grind on my rr either. spoke with Rex yesterday. it is supposed to be qc checked by him before they send it back to me again. hopefully soon, i dont think they are going to be able to fix it with out moving the mag well forward.

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
I also have a Humphreys GG conversion I bought off a board member and it has been flawless in an IMI 45-marked receivered built gun. Every GG mag that I have snaps in without modification. I bought about 30 GG mags and ended up keeping the blued ones and sold the phosphated ones. Although the phosphated mags "matched" the Uzi carbine aesthetically, the blued mags are easier to load because there's less friction. And they don't need a break-in like the phosphate mags do, to burnish up the phos crystals on the inside of the mag where the rounds touch.

1_dsc06869R.jpg

As for contacting Chris, visit this link:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3090

Noah

Old Guy

I made my own greasegun lower years ago before they were available from anyone. And the mags were only $3 then but I didn't stock up on mags till the price went thru the roof to $7.

pmf

Old Guy said:
I made my own greasegun lower years ago before they were available from anyone. And the mags were only $3 then but I didn't stock up on mags till the price went thru the roof to $7.

That's funny. They were in orbit at $10 each when I bought mine. I have a dozen or so, some still NIW. They really have gone up as of late (I see $35/mag). It looks like even sten mags are getting rare .... the horror.

FWIW, I have a GG lower that Humphries built. Its worked 100%. He was great to deal with. I don't shoot it all that much (45 acp is expensive). I've gotten a lot more mileage out of my 22 conversion. That's really a lot of fun.

azfnc

got my vector grease gun lower back. mags fit perfectly now without modifications. thx Rex

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
My dad got a Vector GG lower and it tears up the brass when it is ejected... Is this something that is common? What I mean by tears up the brass is that it hits the front of the ejection port (I'm assuming) and it gets a huge dent in it. Some of the brass was able to be resized, but some of it was cracked and had to be thrown out. Can anyone give me any advise, or is that just something that happens with the GG lower???

*I have an IMI .45 marked gun, but we haven't tried it in my gun yet (his is a 9mm marked model B SA). Do you think this will make a difference with my gun and bolt?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter