How many before red flags

Revere

If you buy more than one pistol we have the multiple handgun purchase form the dealer completes. If I go to a dealer and buy 2 or 3 silencers or however many, when does the NFA gang say wait a minute we have a problem here? Seems to me why would they care, they get the tax stamp money and you have my prints and picture. Any thoughts? Is there a limit on how many NFA items you can own?

Last edited:

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
ATF Form 3310.4 only applies to the disposition of pistols and revolvers. It's not uncommon for people to purchase multiple Title 2 items at once, such as suppressors. The NFA world is more compartmentalized from the rest of the firearm universe and tends to abrogate other rules. If you purchased two transferable Beretta 93R's that does not constitute a multiple handgun sale because they are legally defined as machine guns, which does not specify type. they are simply machine guns by the ATF's definition.

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
If you buy more than one pistol we have the multiple handgun purchase form the dealer completes. If I go to a dealer and buy 2 or 3 silencers or however many, when does the NFA gang say wait a minute we have a problem here? Seems to me why would they care, they get the tax stamp money and you have my prints and picture. Any thoughts? Is there a limit on how many NFA items you can own?
no red flags

Deerhurst

Buy as many as you want. Go wild. Nobody cares how many you buy at one time.

Maybe you'll get a red flag if you buy 100 cans or SBRs at one go.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Talk about red flags...

Most of my NFA collection was stolen in 2011. The day it happened. I reported the SN's to my local PD, ATF and sheriff.

2 PD detectives came to my door a year later. They notified me that 2 of my cans were recovered in a sting in Atlanta 7 days after the theft. I wanted to know why the ATF did not notify me about the recovery for over a year? The detectives said, the ATF thought I sold my stuff under the table because the serial numbers were not reported stolen in the NCIC.

I showed the 2 detectives a copy of the police report CRN with the serial numbers, printed email notices to the Sheriff, ATF, my insurance co. and the BOLO created on 3 websites. They were speechless. None of the LE agencies entered the SN's into NCIC for more than a year. Even after that, it took another 2 attempts to get the correct SN's into NCIC.

Buy what you want.

The ATF seems to care about multiple purchases only if the info can be used to justify or compound charges in other investigations.

Last edited:

Deerhurst

So the AFT just didn't care that these items may have been sold under the table AND failed to flag the database that these had been stolen when you reported it?

Useless unelected incompetent beaurocrats.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
So the AFT just didn't care that these items may have been sold under the table AND failed to flag the database that these had been stolen when you reported it?
I'll let you know as soon as I speak with or hear from a single ATF agent over the incident.

They just rejected multiple transfers of the stolen items to my new address because they are NOT IN MY POSSESSION. I wonder if they can find me if the recovered items are recovered without the new address, phone number and email.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter