Interesting malfunctions

corti948

One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is swapping out the recoil spring. A weak or damaged recoil spring could potentially cause issues with the bolt cycling properly.

Another thing to consider is the ammo you're using. Have you tried different brands or types of ammo to see if the problem persists? Sometimes certain ammo can cause feeding or cycling issues in specific guns, even if the ammo works fine in other firearms.

LawBob

Sam thinks it's a combination of a worn safety and enlarged selector pin hole. The safety was a little worn and there was a small burr on the selector pin hole. I have fixed both. A worn safety can allow the sear to overtravel and result in stoppages mid mag, like a worn trip.

I will test soon and if the problem continues, I will try to get video for Richard but I don't have a high speed camera. Even if I can't see what's happening, I want video just to prove it's happening.

While replacing the safety, It was interesting to see some of the older RPB parts. The safety was very loose and would not go into safe mode. It uses a plunger instead of the ball bearing and spring. The trigger spring only had one loop on the left side for the trigger pin to pass through.
Put your iPhone on slow mow video.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I was able to slow mo film the malfunction with my phone. The indoor range was too dark to see how it happened, just the result.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter