M10 .22 Conversion Kit by Practical Solutions on GB

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
One of those M10 22 conversion kits came with my first MAC. An M10/9 with Sam's Uzi mag conversion. The price of that .22 kit is more than I paid for the Mac with a full package of mags, parts, and a Coastal MIMS silencer.

Galil#1

WoW $$$$$$$$$$ ! Wonder why our good friend Sam does not make these anymore? We know he/Family is always busy busy.

Tinman45

WoW $$$$$$$$$$ ! Wonder why our good friend Sam does not make these anymore? We know he/Family is always busy busy.

Surprised he doesn’t license them, if all his production capacity is being expended on other things. I expect he (and Lage) probably stopped because the market was saturated at the time, but I gotta think there’s some idle CNC shop somewhere that could churn these out and pay a nice license fee for each.

SecondAmend

As near as I can tell from the photos and description, the conversion is of the VanVoorhees patent design (U.S. patent no. 4531446). VanVoorhees let his patent expire more than twenty years ago.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well. 2A

Galil#1

Interesting Tinman45 and 2A... niche of a niche market as we all know. For example? IF Sam wanted to make them again, would be good to go Vs. a "new" mfg. 07/02 getting ATF's long u.s.s.r "approval" process for free market sales? Idk? Several of you guys are the real deal subject matter experts on these types of topics etc. Reckon all the other great works in progress for the MACs are in deep j.b. crooked commie senile style limbo? = We are all so very lucky Richard was finally able to bring his magnificent products to bear!

pjm204

Interesting Tinman45 and 2A... niche of a niche market as we all know. For example? IF Sam wanted to make them again, would be good to go Vs. a "new" mfg. 07/02 getting ATF's long u.s.s.r "approval" process for free market sales? Idk? Several of you guys are the real deal subject matter experts on these types of topics etc. Reckon all the other great works in progress for the MACs are in deep j.b. crooked commie senile style limbo? = We are all so very lucky Richard was finally able to bring his magnificent products to bear!

Why would you need an 07/02 to make an upper? Seems to me since these are currently unserialized parts any machine shop could produce them without licensure.

Wetworks

UZI Talk Supporter
I had the option to get one of these .22 kits for a couple hundred more dollars when I bought my Mac 10.
I passed on it. Looks like that was a bad idea!

Tinman45

Just to be clear, I am not claiming any expertise at all. I know fuck-all about the business side of this stuff and I’m aware of my own ignorance. I’m a little in awe, honestly, of the guys who are willing to take the risk of dealing with a federal agency that seems to make decisions with a magic 8 ball and are able to bring something useful to market and scrape a profit out of it. That is all.

Ericoak

I had one. Main drawback is that there is no extractor. There is an accelerator that moves with the round and then stops and the case is supposed to be blown out. But that doesn’t always happen and you can’t tell if it was a misfire or a stuck empty so I was always nervous raming the empty case out.

michaelnmississippi

I have the kit ...... it runs absolutely 100% on the cheap stuff.... Only drawback on it was magazine capacity. 20 rounds just not enough

challenger70rt

Sam convinced me the 30s were more reliable
Than the 40s

The 20’s are INDEED more reliable then the 40’s. I think the real difference is the 20’s are blued and the 40’s are parked. The park can be a little rough causing feeding issues, but they do a little better if you graphite the inside and the followers.

LawBob

The 20’s are INDEED more reliable then the 40’s. I think the real difference is the 20’s are blued and the 40’s are parked. The park can be a little rough causing feeding issues, but they do a little better if you graphite the inside and the followers.

He made 30s also.

LawBob

Can someone make a tower for American 180 for this please. Thanks.

Sebastian

I had one of these years ago and it didn’t work at all, bought second hand and the guy I got it from said it was a pos. I bought a lage kit and it didn’t work but some people on here helped me get it running pretty good.

All things considered, I’d buy another Lage 22 kit not an PS 22 kit. After seeing what people are asking for a used one I should’ve kept mine and flipped it. Looking back I shouldn’t have sold my Mac 10 either.

LawBob

I had one of these years ago and it didn’t work at all, bought second hand and the guy I got it from said it was a pos. I bought a lage kit and it didn’t work but some people on here helped me get it running pretty good.

All things considered, I’d buy another Lage 22 kit not an PS 22 kit. After seeing what people are asking for a used one I should’ve kept mine and flipped it. Looking back I shouldn’t have sold my Mac 10 either.

You didn’t buy a Lage kit for a mac10 bc they never made one

And PS didn’t make an m11/9 kit.

If you bought a ps m10 kit it has to be fitted by ps for your m10.

Sebastian

You didn’t buy a Lage kit for a mac10 bc they never made one

And PS didn’t make an m11/9 kit.

If you bought a ps m10 kit it has to be fitted by ps for your m10.

I bought a Lage m11-9 22 kit. Not sure why you thought I bought a Lage m10 22 kit.

Never said ps made a m11-9 22 kit.

I had a double stamp rpb M10 and the 22 kit was used I did the best I could with it.

—After re-reading my previous post, I should’ve been more clear. Sorry My bad—

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter